Monday, January 25, 2010

Lovely Wishes

Hello stampers! My card today uses images from Heartily Yours and Heartily Yours Addition. These are Nina Bracket's latest stamp sets and they have so many cute images! More details below, but for now...

Check out these links for even more inspiration:
Nina Brackett {Illustrator}

Now, it's your turn! Please hop over to Gina's blog to add the direct link to your blog post showcasing Nina's Heartily Yours and Heartily Yours Additions stamp sets in the Mister Linkey Box. Gina will have a special prize for the one link that she chooses out of all the participating bloggers - check out her blog for the details.


I colored the wishing well with Copic markers, starting with E49.

Added E57.

Added E35.

I filled in with E53, then added some texture with E57.

For the bottom of the well, I decided to color all but one of the hearts like rocks, but left one un-colored so I could color it red later. I started with N5.

Added N3.

Filled in with N1.

For the red heart I used R29, R24 and R20. I used R24 on the tiny heart by the handle.

Used E51 and E53 for the rope.

For the grass I used G21, G24 and G28, using G28 to add some lines for dimension. After coloring, I cut out the image.

For the background I sponged Memento New Sprout.

Sponged Memento Bamboo Leaves.

Next, I sponged just a tiny bit of Memento Cantaloupe, but didn't get a photo. Then I sponged Memento Angel Pink.

Sponged Memento Rose Bud.

Stamped the little hearts with Angel Pink.

I stamped the sentiment, from Heartily Yours Additions, then cut it out with Labels 4 Nestabilities. I used my airbrush while it was still in the die to add some color. I'm finding it helps to work from the top down, aiming the airbrush above the piece and working down onto the paper in a gentle circular motion. (kinda like sponging!!). This is the kind of application that I am going to find using the airbrush very useful for. I like to stamp my sentiments before cutting with the nesties, so I can make sure they are lined up perfectly, but sponging over the sentiment later can cause some smearing. You don't have to worry about smearing when you use the airbrush.

I layered with Pure Luxury Passionate Pink and white, and used an Innocent Pink card base. That pretty gingham ribbon is from Gina's Romance Ribbon Assortment.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!

14 comments:

jjcreations said...

Beautiful card - I love all the detailed colours on the wishing well!!!

Deb Neerman said...

This is gorgeous, Theresa! I love how you colored this ... and your background is just amazing!

Lee said...

Ohhhh wowza!!!! Now I need to get an air brush and some lessons!!! LOL This is just stunning!!!

Betty Neville said...

This is beautiful Theresa! Your well just pops and the air-brushing is awesome - you've got it down already!

Britt-Inger said...

Thanks for all your great ideas. I'll try to do the little box.
Have a great Tuesday. Hugs, Britt-Inger.

Linda said...

Thanks for the tutorial on the coloring.. you are awesome! I will have to try this out. The well came out super. I also love the shading on the background. Simply gorgeous!

Gloria Westerman said...

Beautiful Theresa .....I love those colors together.......and you single heart is awesome.......

Nishant said...

love all the detailed colours on the wishing well!!!

Work from home India

Yifatiii said...

So cute card!!! ♥
I'm Wishing you a lovley day :))))

Payne Holler Cards said...

it is so pretty! your well pops as the focal!!

Melanie said...

love the one little red stone!

NinaB said...

Oh, how in the world did I miss this beautiful card? Wow, I love that red heart on the well. It's so sweet.

Unknown said...

aw, how cute is this, Theresa!? I LOVE how you colored that adorable wishing well - it's perfect!

Vicki Dutcher said...

See I Can comment on yours no problem!! Love this gorgeous card!