Monday, January 4, 2010

Gina K Preview - Square Pegs and Purrr-fectly Delightful

Square Pegs - illustrated by Melanie Muenchinger

Welcome to day 2 of the Gina K Designs previews! Today we are showing two new sets. The first is Square Pegs by Melanie Muenchinger. This is a wonderful set of images and sentiments that will last the whole year and coordinate so well with some of Melanie's previous sets, most specifically Hip to be Square. All of the images will fit perfectly in the large Hip to be Square background stamp.

For my card, I used the cute little flower image and stamped it three times. I colored them with Copic markers and cut them out. I added a self adhesive pearl to the center and punched branches from Creme DeMenthe' Pure Luxury cardstock, using a MS punch. I adhered them to a piece of Pure Luxury White that I had sponged with Memento Angel Pink ink.

I layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx and two of our new colors, Innocent Pink and Passionate Pink. I used my Fleur De Lis Spellbinders Pendant die to cut one of the layers.


Purrr-fectly Delightful - illustrated by me!

This card was made with images from my new set, Purrr-fectly Delightful. This was such a fun image to draw. This set with it's cute images is a bit of a departure from what you have seen from me in the past. I hope you like it.

For even more inspiration with our new stamp sets being previewed tonight, check out these GinaK Designers' links:
Melanie Muenchinger {Illustrator of Square Pegs}
Joan Ervin {CSS Designer}
Betty Neville {CSS Designer}

And now a few details on how I did my kitty card...

To color the eyes, I used B04 and then used C1 to go over all the fur.

Then I added C3 to do some shading on the fur and R20 to the nose and ears.

Did some more shading with N5.

Blended the N5 with C1 and my blender pen.

Then went back with N5 to add some deeper shading.

To color the cup and saucer, I started with V06.

Added V04.

Added V01.

Then used my blender pen to soften the highlights.

For the flowers, I used E37, YR12, Y17 and Y21.

I layered with some pattern paper from Basic Grey's Bittersweet collection and a piece of Springtime in Paris digi paper from Gina K, Pure Luxury Vibrant Purple and SU Lavender Lace for the cardbase. The semi circles are Pure Luxury Ivory, sponged with Memento Lulu Lavender. I stamped the sentiment from Purrr-fectly Delightful and then the paw prints using Lulu Lavender.

Thanks for stopping by. Be sure to come back tomorrow for a preview of the new StampTV kit!

Have a great day!

35 comments:

JenMarie said...

I just love your kitty image!

Lee said...

Oh how beautiful those blooms are with the medallion! And your kitty....ohhhhh the kitty!!! Soooo sweet!!!!!

Tina said...

Ohhhh you KNOW I love that purple cup!!! How precious. And the flowers are beautifully bright and eye popping!!

Janice M said...

OMGosh Theresa!!!!!!!! I LOVE that kitty!! Just Purrrrfect!! Can't wait to see the rest of the set!!

joy said...

Since my husband is a veterinarian, I know I will use this set a LOT! The coloring on the kitty is beautiful!

Melissa said...

Theresa, I am so excited about this set! I can't wait to get it!

lisa808 said...

Two beautiful cards. Love how the flowers jump at me. Your kitty is darling in the lavender cup (my favorite color).

Joan Ervin said...

Your cards are sooo gorgeous, Theresa....The flowers are beautiful and what fabulous coloring on the kitty card!!!!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

We are cat people ( 2 in the house) and 5 out on our deck, and this kitty is precious.
Beautiful coloring!

Betty N said...

LOVE, LOVE your cards!!

Carolyn King said...

awww...I just love that kitty!! fabulous!

Carolyn King said...

awww...I just love that kitty!! fabulous!

Gloria Westerman said...

This are awesome....who would think to color a purple cup and look as pretty as yours......beautiful....

Britt-Inger said...

Lovely cards... :O)
Hugs.

Becky said...

These are gorgeous, the flowers are bold and beautiful, and the kitten is just so sweet.

Natalie said...

Your kitty is so cute!! Love it in the teacup. Beautiful flower card, too!

TexasGrammy said...

Fabboo rich flowers & colors, Theresa! And the kitty in the cup? Darling! (Yep ... big kitty fan here!)

Happy New Year!
~Bev

Lagene said...

Your kitten is so adorable! Thank you soo much for the tutorial! I love your card using Melanies flowers ...beautifully displayed on the Nestie Fleur De Lis!

Deanna said...

I love this kitten image!! I am a cat lover, so you got me hooked with this image, but he is so cute!! I can't wait to see the whole set. Any other images, or just words to go with?

NinaB said...

Theresa, your new set is so adorable. The kitty's face is so realistic, so purrr-fectly cute.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Love your samples and your new set looks fab! It's so wonderful of you to give the instructions on how you color your images. Your coloring always amazes me.

Cat Tidwell said...

Oohhh! I am loving your kitty card! And you used dp, go you! LOL! Love the flower power card, awesome layering! WEll, I know I'M loving your new set...sooo much fun and so fun to color!

JazzyH said...

Beautiful!

Melanie said...

I love your kitty!!! purple was a bol choice, looks great!

Carla S. said...

I am so loving the previews of your new set, Theresa! Your kitty card is so beautiful! Awesome coloring, as always! Love your card with Melanie's set, too!

Elena said...

Wow! Gorgeous cards!!! Love the amazing colors of the flowers!
And kitty is so cute! I really love this stamp! Looks just like our cat when she was small!

Lynn Mercurio said...

As always Theresa - drop dead gorgeous!

Unknown said...

What lovely cards!! Cat and tea cup!!! I can't wait the release day! TFS~

Lori said...

Can't wait to see more of your new set, I love kities! And purple too, super card!

Anonymous said...

I am your new best friend for creating this kitty. I am in love with him and I will be staying awake Thursday night to order him up. I love him and you rock for creating such a cute stamp image. Thank you!!!!

Judy McMullen said...

Darling image! Buying as a birthday gift for a friend who loves her kitties!

Cathy said...

Theresa, your Purrr-fectly Delightful set is soooo cute you are going to FORCE me to BUY a stamp set. Love it!!!!

ginalovesdave said...

LOVE these cards, they are absolutely beautiful!

Unknown said...

Aw, how cute is your kitty! Thanks for the tips on how to color her. LOVE your stamp set, my friend! It's going to be a HUGE hit!

Miss Boo (a.k.a. jen70) said...

Awww! I love how you colored your kitty. She looks great in purple! Great layout, too!