Sunday, January 3, 2010

Gina K Preview Day 1

Happy Hearts - illustrated by Tami Mayberry

Tami Mayberry has come out with the most darling set of heart images, called Happy Hearts! This is going to be great for Valentine projects and so many more occasions.

I stamped five of the hearts in various colors and cut them out, then added some shading with Copics on a few. I adhered them to a piece of our new Pure Luxury Lipstick Red cardstock, stamped with one of the sentiments from the set, using Memento Rhubarb Stalk ink.

I added a row of buttons from the new Romance Button Assortment and embossed the sentiment on Black Onyx card stock using white embossing powder. Then I added a line on either side of the sentiment using a white opaque gel pen.



Sung From the Heart - illustrated by Rupa Shevde

You are going to love the sweet images in Rupa's newest set, Sung From the Heart. I colored this little birdie with Copic markers then layered with Black Onyx. The card base is the new Lipstick Red (this color is going to be a new favorite of mine) and added the little heart images, heat embossed with white embossing powder. I used an opaque white gel pen to add a line around the image.


Wishes and Dreams - illustrated by Alicia Krupsky

Gina K's daughter, Alicia, has illustrated another beautiful set, full of anime inspired fairies, called Wishes and Dreams. These adorable images are perfect for teens and tweens, and would even make beautiful baby cards. I love the sentiments included in this set so much I had to use two on the front of my card. LOL.

Jessica Fick has also designed a beautiful card kit for Wishes and Dreams (you can see samples on her blog) and for this month only, when the Wishes and Dreams stamp set is purchased, the card kit will be included. Instructions for the card as well as enough materials to make 3 cards will automatically be sent along with the stamp set. Isn't that great?!

For even more inspiration with our new stamp sets being previewed tonight, check out our other GinaK Designers' links:
Tami Mayberry {Illustrator of Happy Hearts}
Theresa Momber (you are here)

And now I'll show you how I made my fairy card...

To color her face and hands, I used E51 all over, then used E33 for some shading. I added Boo to the eyelids and used my blender to bring up some highlights.

For her hair I started with E59 in along the edges, blended out form there with E37. Then I followed with E33 and E31. I came back with E37, making some streaks, without blending.

Used RV29 and RV23 for the dress and Y21 for some shading on the wings.

For the main part of the mushroom, I used E37, E35 and YR14 more on the left, then E31, E33 and E35 on the right, using YR02 to blend.

On the mushroom spots, I used Y21, E51 and E53.

I needed a mask to make the sponged crescent moon, so I cut a circle with my Nestabilities, then used the circle die to again cut the circle into the crescent shape. I held onto the negative of the circle and both pieced from the circle.

I used re-positionable tape to adhere the crescent mask and stamped the starry flourish, inking first with Versa Mark, then with Memento Cantaloupe ink. After staming, the Versa Mark ink stayed wet long enough for me to heat emboss with clear embossing powder.

Sponged all around with Memento Angel Pink ink.

Then I sponged with Memento Rosebud, staying closer to the edges. (sorry I didn't get a picture of that step.

Sponged around the edges with Rhubarb Stalk.

Stamped some stars with Rose Bud.

I removed the crescent mask and then used the circle negative, plus the extra part of the circle and placed them to block all but the crescent shape. Then I sponged Angel Pink.

Then sponged Rose Bud.

I added a few more stars stamped with white pigment ink, added sentiments and the cut out fairy image. The card base is another new Pure Luxury color called Innocent Pink. I added a Black Onyx layer and a few tiny pieces peeking out from the black that are yet another new Pure Luxury called Passionate Pink.

All the stamp sets, buttons and new Pure Luxury colors will be available Thursday night at 10pm central, right after the release party in the Gina K forums at SCS.

Thanks for visiting. I'll be back tomorrow with two more sneak peeks. Have a great day!

37 comments:

joy said...

I just knew you would do something beautiful with the hearts, but my jaw is still on the floor. These are worth framing -- especially the little fairy!

JessicaK said...

Stunning colors and shading with these cards, wow.

Tina said...

OMGosh!!! Another card with a great moon!! PINK!!!!! The red card is gorgeous and I LOVE all the hearts with ALL the buttons too!! Beautiful designs!

Sankari W. said...

Theresa - could you call a doctor!!! I have fallen on the floor from sheer AMAZEMENT at all of this gorgeousness and can't get up!!! YOU totally rocked every single creation - I LOVE the way you did the fairy with the pink sky and moon - so whimsy and gorgeous! But that black and red card is soooo stunning - simply gorgeous!!!! YOU ROCK Ms. Momber!!!
big hugs!
Sankari :)

Sankari W. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carolyn King said...

wow...love em all girl! These are fabulous! LOVE what you did with the hearts! The fairy is stunning and the bird card adorable! Awesome!

Karen (TLgirl353) said...

OMG Theresa- the one with the hearts knocked me out of my chair. The fairy on the mushroom card is so adorable. You are so talented!!!

Valerie said...

Such rich cards! LOVE your coloring and step by step instructions for your fairy card!

Lee said...

Oh totally gorgeous!!! I love that crescent moon!!! Your hearts design....just beautiful!!! And the birdie....how sweet is he!!!

emilymomto3boys said...

as usual - stunning coloring!!

But I just ADORE that first card! The black combo is so striking and yet it's simple to! Fantastic!

Giovana said...

Awesome cards Theresa!!

Natalie said...

I was blown away by your heart card! Wow, the colors are fantastic, I love the red on black, just stunning! Thanks for sharing your techniques, it is so helpful (I'm such a beginner!!) loved all the extra little details on the fairy card and your bird card is so cute!!

Cathy said...

WOW, Gorgeous cards all, I love each and everyone for their special features and detail. The moon on the fairy card is genius, You amaze me GF.

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh I LOVE the beautiful Valentine, Theresa, and your coloring on the bird is AWESOME...love your beautiful coloring on the fairy card, too, and the background you created os FABULOUS!!!

Libby Hickson said...

Wow these are GORGEOUS!! Love them all (and your wonderful tutorials!) but I am completely in love with the black & red Valentine! STUNNING!

Diane said...

Love~love your cards...thanks for the great tutorial, too...and that black and red card is stunning!!

Lynn Mercurio said...

Wow...all of these creations are just stunning fantastic. Love the great contrast of colors and your use of the white ink. Awesome!

asela said...

Gorgeous! Always love seeing your beautiful coloring.

Cat Tidwell said...

Oh so awesome T, as always! Your coloring on that fairy is just soo jaw dropping!

Melanie said...

awesome moon silhouette! love the drama of the red and balck card, great detials!!!

Carla S. said...

Absolutely awesome samples with all three sets, Theresa! Wonderful designs and coloring!

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOVE these!!!! Especially the first hearts card with all the buttons....so fun!!!!

Create It Simply said...

*jawdrop* Love it all. Love the reds and the buttons and that fairy is just amazing. You rocked it!

Becky said...

This has become my must favorite place to visit.:), These cards are just stunning, and your always sharing your talent.

Janice M said...

WoW!! Gorgous cards Theresa!! I Love the hearts one!!!

Deb Neerman said...

As usual, simply gorgeous, Theresa!!

buggin2stamp said...

Your cards are amazing as usual. Your heart card is stunning with the black base. Your birdy card is adorable and that fairy is just too cute.

Lagene said...

Totally awesome cards! I love your techniques & tutorials!

Lagene said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chelsea said...

gorgeous!!

Unknown said...

Theresa!! You are the queen of coloring in my book - I adore each of your cards but your fairy card is over the top amazing!!! Thank you for sharing how to color her so beautifully!

Elaine said...

Great cards! The coloring/sponging is fantastic as always!

Jan Castle said...

Beautifully done...wonderful hearts!!!

NinaB said...

As usual, your sponging rocks. I love your color combo, too.

Lori said...

Beautiful samples, Theresa!!

Anonymous said...

These are all beautiful cards! I love the simplicity of some of them and am so glad for your tutorial on Alicia's image. TFS. Pat Jandacek

Anonymous said...

Anyone can color, but what you do with the copic markers is remarkably pretty, just because I saw this card, now I have just GOT to get some of those, I love the colors and how you've used them thanks so much for sharing! Louella