Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Chasing Butterflies

Hi there! Today is a Purrr-fectly Delightful blog hop! For my card, I used the frisky kitty chasing butterflies. More details below, but for now...

Check out these links for even more inspiration:


Now, it's your turn! Please hop over to Gina's blog to add the direct link to your blog post showcasing the Purrr-fectly Delightful Stamp set in the Mister Linkey Box. Gina will have a special prize for the one link that she chooses out of all the participating bloggers - check out her blog for the details. I can't wait to see all your projects!


To make my card, I stamped the kitty, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink, then colored with Copics, starting with N7.

I blended out from there with N5.

I filled in from there with N3, leaving the paws, tail tip and nose un-colored.

Then I came back with N5 and N7 to add some texture to the fur with small brush strokes.

I stamped the image on a post-it note and cut it out, to serve as a mask. After placing the mask over the image, I sponged Memento Cantaloupe ink.

Sponged Memento Angel Pink.

Sponged Memento Lulu Lavender.

Sponged Memento Desert sand on a diagonal to create the illusion of a bank.

Sponged Memento Grape Jelly.

Stamped the cattails, from Life is Good, with Lulu Lavender ink.

Stamped the cattails again, this time with Grape Jelly and leaving the tips un-inked.

Stamped the butterflies once with Lulu Lavender, then inked up the largest butterfly with Grape Jelly and stamped.

Removed the mask and added a bit of shading under the kitty with Copic markers, N3 and W3.


I layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx, White and Vibrant Purple and used an SU Lavender Lace cardbase. I used an EK Success border punch to create the large scallops.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a wonderful day!

32 comments:

Betty Neville said...

Really sweet card! Your coloring on the little kitty is amazing and great idea with the butterflies!

Tina said...

My favorite card yet!!! Love the purple!!! Hee Hee

Janice M said...

Theresa this is Absolutely Beautiful!!! Love the scenes you create with all that awesome sponging!!

Carolyn King said...

beautiful! LOVE the purples!

Cheri said...

Oh, so beautiful, Theresa. I absolutely love this stamp set.

Maria said...

Get out! This is amazing. Of course all your cards are so amazing, but you really can make the kitties look real! LOVE IT!

Miss Boo (a.k.a. jen70) said...

Gorgeous card! Your sponging is delightful as usual. I'll mask my kitty next time! And your kitty is colored so perfectly. I get nervous with the dark shades. I started with C5 and freaked out thinking I ruined him. LOL! After I took a gabillion photos, I colored him some more. I thought I had C3 and had a hard time blending. But Kitty was saved!!! I love how you have her tail tip white. Very cute!

redwasher1 said...

Absolutely gorgeousness!! Love the colors!!

Patti J said...

Another amazing stamp set, and another totally amazing card! Your tutorials are just like magic. As I scolled down, your kitty seemed to just come alive! Beautiful job, dear friend!

joy said...

BEAUTIFUL card with amazing coloring. Thanks for the tutorial.

Lee said...

Holy Wowzers!!!! You can sure make even purple look sooooooooo amazing!!!!!!!!! You've got purple grass and I have pink! LOL Yours is so elegant however!!!

Natalie said...

I love seeing how the coloring evolves!! Thanks for sharing your tutorial, your purple is delish!!

Melissa said...

Purrr-fectly sweet!!! Love the purple too!

Deb Neerman said...

Stunning! So beautifully colored and designed, as usual!

Cheryl O said...

This was Purrr-fectly created!!!! Love the colors, love the kitty, love the coloring itself, love the the overall look.....what can I say.....I LOVE IT!!!! It's so adorable, I have to get this set. I have a little cat and she is too cute just like this stamp, I can't stand it!!!!

craftieodmae said...

WOW! Your coloring just blows me away......this is gorgeous!

NinaB said...

Oh my, Theresa, this is amazing! I love how you did the fur and that kitty chasing the butterlies - just beautiful.

Payne Holler Cards said...

a fav color combo - this little kitten is so precious!

Sharri said...

Theresa, Stunning card! I love the purples and the kitty is colored beautifully!

lisa808 said...

Stunning card!

Diamantin said...

This is beautiful. I love cats.

jjcreations said...

Wow, this is a rich card....the colours are wonderful. That huge scallop along the side reminds me of theatre drapes - awesome.

Unknown said...

Aw, how sweet, Theresa! Love the purples - I would have never thought of using it and it's perfect!!

Deanna said...

I love this!! And since purple is my fave color, it got a head start before I even checked out the image!!!

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Wow......love it.....I truly love your step by step tutorials....with being a newbie at copics this is sooooo much help.

jan metcalf said...

Any cat lover would love this stunning card!

Joan Ervin said...

What a sweet card, Theresa...I love that precious kitty, the colors you used, and adding the butterflies makes for one adorable scene!!!!

Gloria Westerman said...

Awesome......I love this and the color purple is totally over the top........

Brenda said...

Awesome card Theresa as always! I love this in purple, did you make it with Tina in mind? Another wonderful set that is sure to be a huge hit.

Sandy Knecht said...

Your purple card is so adorable! I love the purples.

Ret said...

Wow, this card is absolutely stunning! Your color choice is wonderful! I love, love, love the purples!!

Nishant said...

amazing and great idea with the butterflies!

Work from home India