Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Blue Daisies

Hello stampers! I have a Purrr-fectly Delightful daisy card, today. I made this for the Flutter By Wednesday challenge this week. The challenge is open this week, but all participants were to use a butterfly, fairy or angel.

I stamped the flowers only from the vased flowers, several times, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink. Then I colored with Copics, starting with B26.

Added B23.

Added B21, leaving some highlights uncolored.

Used my blender pen to soften the highlights.

Went back over the darkest parts with B26.

For the flower centers, I went over the entire center with Y23.

Added E35.

Added E39.

For the stems, I used YG03 and YG93.

After coloring all the flowers, I cut them out, for layering later.

For the background, I started by sponging a little Memento Cantaloupe.

Sponged Memento New Sprout.

Sponged Memento Summer Sky.

Sponged Memento Bamboo Leaves.

Sponged Memento Danube Blue.

I stamped the butterflies, from Purrr-fectly Delightful, with Danube Blue ink, stamped off on scrap paper once, before stamping on my background. I layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx and White. The white layer was punched along the side with a Martha Stewart border punch. The cardbase is SU Bashful Blue. After adding the cardstock layers, I tied my ribbon, then added the cut out flowers, adhering with Pop Dots. The sentiment is from Elegant Post.

Thanks for the visit. Have a stamptastic day!

33 comments:

Deanna said...

Gorgeous!! I love this card. What a wonderful sentiment and it matches perfectly.

Melanie said...

ack, what a gorgeous card!!!

Flowers said...

Such a wonderful set! I love this card, too - so cheery. Keep it up the good work.

Karen W said...

This is just gorgeous, love the colors and the layers, just perfect.

EileenMV said...

This card is just beautiful! Love the colors especially the rich blues! The ribbon is very pretty too.

Crafting Queen said...

Stunning card! Anesha

Payne Holler Cards said...

i never think about adhering the image on top of the ribbon...need to remember that...and the little butterflies...love them! will be using them regularly!!
Beautiful card !! lovin those blue daisies (-:

Becky said...

This is stunning, love the colors of this, and the ribbon pulls everything together so elegantly.

Annapurna said...

Beeeeeautiful!!! Now that we all figured out that you are the master of sponging, can you please do a video tutorial on tying the ribbon that perfectly? :)

Danni said...

This is stunning and oh so gorgeous!! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!! I feel honored!!

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, this is absolutely stunning! Every detail is perfection ... and I love how you've cut and layered the flowers!

doreen said...

wow!!! really nice.

doreen

jjcreations said...

Oh Wow, wow, wow - I love blue and this card just grabs me. It's stunning.

Jennie said...

Talk about a beautiful card! This is poppin'! Gorgeous design Theresa.

Lori said...

Oh, Theresa this is fabulous! Love the blue, and your combo of stamp sets!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness - I think this is the most beautiful card I've seen EVER!! I LOVE it!!!!!

Tara said...

That is a stunning card! I love your colouring - MAD skillz!!

Becki Jo said...

Love the card !! Pretty colors,,,love the flowers and ribbon....Thanks for showing us (me) the step by step on how you used your markers. It will be a great help as I try to tackle this art.

Carol said...

AHHHH, so beautiful. You always wow me, day after day! Just speechless here in Idaho........

Angi Rankin said...

Gorgeous, as we've come to admire from looking (drooling over) your lovely creations! Makes me want to get into my studio right now...thanks for the push!!

C said...

Just gorgeous! thanks for the tutorial.

Betty Benton said...

They don't come any better than this -- gorgeous card!

Nancy said...

Phenomenal! It is so nice to see the tutorial and learn from others' processes!! Thanks for fluttering with us this week!

Diana Q. said...

This has to be the most gorgeous card of the century! LOL this is seriously beautiful, Theresa! ;D Diana

Donna said...

This is an amazing card! I love it. I'll definitely be saving this post just so I can drool over it!

Vicki Dutcher said...

BEAUTIFUL! I will get to trying this!! I am going to learn copics if it kills me! Thanks for sharing your gorgeous work!!

Gloria Westerman said...

So beautiful...love your colors and your cutout are awesome.....I only have the starter set of copic pens....so I couldn't even begin to color like this.....but you still inspire me too.....thank you so much.....

Sandy Knecht said...

Gorgeous card! I love the blues and yellows, the daisies and the butterflies. Fabulous!

kc_froglady said...

This is just gorgeous! I love the colors and am so pleased you always show us step by step you are amazing!

Sharri said...

Theresa, this is stunning! I love the blue daisies!

Kimberly S said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card! Thanks so much for joining us at Flutter By Wednesday! :)

Kristie W. said...

I just LOVE your card!! It is so pretty and I love how you used the butterflies. Thanks so much for joining us at FBW this week!

Nancy Jensen said...

Just stunning!