Thursday, January 28, 2010

Birthday Wishes and Dreams

Hello stampers! Today I have a sweet fairy card using images from Wishes and Dreams. I'm all sparkly now, since I broke out the glitter for this card. Don't you find that no matter how careful you are, you always come away with a few stray bits clinging to you? More details below, but for now..
Check out these links for even more inspiration:



Now, it's your turn! Please hop over to Gina's blog to add the direct link to your blog post showcasing Alicia's Wishes and Dreams stamp set in the Mister Linkey Box. Gina will have a special prize for the one link that she chooses out of all the participating bloggers - check out her blog for the details.

For the hair, I started with my E49 Copic marker.

Added E57.

Filled in most of the way with E55 and then used my blender pen to soften the highlights.

After blending, I used E49 again to add some texture.

Started with E37 for the shadows on the skin.

Added E35.

Added E33.

Filled in with E31 and pushed some highlights back in with my blender pen.

Used E57 to deepen the shadows.

Used E53 on the wings.

Filled in most of the way with E51 and used my blender pen to soften the highlights.

Started with V09 on the dress.

Added V06.

Filled in with V1 and used my blender pen to add some highlights. After coloring, I cut out the fairy.

For the background, I started by sponging Memento Cantaloupe in the center (not pictured), then sponged Memento Angel Pink.

Sponged Memento Rose Red.

Stamped the starry swirl with Memento Lulu Lavender ink. Stamped the sentiment with Tuxedo Black.

I used my Quickie Glue pen on the stars and added yellow and iridescent glitter.

I layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx and Passionate Pink, then used an Innocent Pink card base. The ribbon is from the Gold Lined Ribbon Assortment and the button from the Romance Button Assortment.

Thanks for visiting. Have a wonderful day!

15 comments:

Lee said...

Ohhhh indeed this is SWEEEEEET Theresa!!!! I love the corner border with the swirls and stars!!!

TexasGrammy said...

Oh my!
What a gorgeous fairy creation, Theresa! I so admire your way of blending colors to create the perfect setting for images!

~Bev

Kimmiek said...

Awesoem job!!
Nice to see a Fairy with some color! Great job on the skin. Excellent coloring.

Sankari W. said...

WOW! Simply gorgeous! LOVE your colors and all the details of how you put it together!!! WOW!
Big hugs!

Susan White said...

Lovely card!

Betty Neville said...

Beautiful Theresa! Always love your coloring and sponging!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Theresa, this is gorgeous! Your coloring is always so amazing and your sponged bg is so perfect as a backdrop for the fairy. I love how you bg just seems to glow.

Sharri said...

Beautiful Theresa! Love that you broke out the glitter and also love how you did the ribbon!

Deb Neerman said...

So beautiful, Theresa! Love the color combination and that neat ribbon treatment. Yum!

Have a great weekend, Kiddo!

jjcreations said...

Beautiful card - love the pink shading and the ribbon/button embellishment

colleen said...

This is so pretty... I love that background. The pink and yellow are so elegant!

Gorgeous coloring!

Darla said...

Love your background and thats for the tutorial.

craftieodmae said...

this is beautiful! I love the image and your shading as awlays rocks!

Lori said...

So, so adorable! The corners look really cool! Sponging is fantastic, love your style, Theresa.

Nancy Jensen said...

Gorgeous card and another great tutorial. :-)