Thursday, November 5, 2009

Merry Mailbox

Hello! Today I have a winter card, made using images from Autumn Beauty and A Very Merry Christmas. I'd been wanting to make a snowy mailbox scene since I saw this card my mom made.

I started by stamping the mailbox, from Autumn Beauty, with Memento Tuxedo Black ink, then used my N5 Copic marker.

Added N3.

Added N1.

Used E59 on the post.

Added E55.

Filled in with E53.

Used R24 on the flowers and flag, G24 and G28 on the foliage. After coloring, I used my Versa Mark pen to cover the image and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

Used torn post-it notes to mask off the bottom and then sponged with Bashful Blue ink.

Sponged with Ballet Blue.

Removed the mask and sponged Not Quite Navy around the edges.

Stamped the holly flourish from A Very Merry Christmas around the edges and colored with R27 and G28.

I added some highlights to the holly with an opaque white gel pen and added some shredded styrofoam for snow on and around the mailbox. (I seriously need some flowers soft) Layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx and SU Bashful Blue. The cardbase is Pure Luxury White Base Weight and the sentiment is from A Very Merry Christmas.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great day!

11 comments:

Allison Rankin said...

What a composition...love all that sponging and touch of sparkle!

Lori said...

Wow, Theresa! Your sponging and coloring are right on. Love the "frame" of holly.

Kathy W said...

This is so pretty, and I love the mailbox image. I really appreciate your blog and the time you take to put together the coloring/construction tutorial of your cards. It makes me feel a little more confident digging out the Copic markers.

smallcity said...

Wow, this is absolutely beautiful.
love the colors.

smallcity

Tracey said...

This is stunning Theresa! Love it! xx

Linda said...

Geri is your MOM! She looks too young. I love her card. Thanks for sending me there. I also love your card. The holly looks beautiful. I really love the way you share how you coloring. I am always learning so much from your blog. Thanks!

Patti J said...

Another beautiful creation! I still love that mailbox set! Great card, and your tutorial is wonderful. Thanks for sharing!!!

Elena said...

It's so pretty! I am in love with the stamped hollies around the mailbox around the mailbox!

JustMargo said...

I always love your work, but this is one of my favorites so far. Thanks for generously sharing your talent!
--Margo

Lisa Kind said...

I love mailboxes, and this is gorgeous!

Micha said...

Vos cartes sont superbes ! Les peintures sur papier avec encres ou feutres sont très belles. Bravo et merci pour vos tutos. Amicalement.