Thursday, October 8, 2009

Magic of the Season

Hi! I have one last card to show you from the Gina K release party last week. This one uses supplies from the new StampTV kit, Holiday Cheer and some of Emily Giovanni's fabulous new digital paper, Vintage Holly!

To start, I cut a piece of Pure Luxury White paper into a small rectangle and sponged Pretty in Pink (SU) ink.

Sponged Regal Rose.

Sponged Bravo Burgundy.

Sponged a bit of Real Red to make it just a bit brighter.

Stamped the dove from Holiday Cheer, using black Stazon.

Stamped the snowflakes from A Very Merry Christmas, using Bravo Burgundy ink.

Cut another rectangle, this time sponging lighter, with Pretty in Pink and Bravo Burgundy. Then I ran it through my Cuttlebug with the snowflakes folder, sponged Bravo Burgundy (with a mostly dry sponge dauber) over the flakes for a bit of dimension, and then went drew on the flakes with my Stardust Glitter Gel pen.

I also used the Stardust pen to add dots of glitter to my stamped snowflakes. In the photo, the glitter is showing white, but in real life they look iridescent and so pretty!

I layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx, Cranberry Tart, and Vintage Holly digital paper, and a piece of Pretty in Pink (SU). The greeting is from Holiday Greetings (STV Kit) and punched with a 1 1/4 inch circle punch. The scallop circle is cut using Nestabilities. The ribbon is also from the kit.

Thank you for stopping by. Have a great day!

11 comments:

Jennie said...

Beautiful Christmas card...love what you did with the CB Snowflake folder and the snowflakes in your new stamp set are so very pretty!

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Theresa.
The colours are wonderful!! Love the design.

Karen x

Lori said...

Spectacular! Your sponging is just amazing!

Granny P said...

Stunning. The colour tones are beautiful and I love the way the partridge is highlighted. The step by step tutorials are really appreciated.

Linda said...

Outstanding! I love your card. I got my stamp set today! I can't wait to try it but sadly I have too.

Judy Covey said...

Gorgeous card Theresa, I just love the colors!

craftieodmae said...

I love this, the colors are fantastic, it's gorgeous!

Payne Holler Cards said...

so elegant and peaceful! going to do my best to CASE this one .. this may be one of my Christmas cards for this year!!!

AKiteFlier said...

I saw this at the release party and it took my breath away. Theresa your cards just GLOW. They are truly spectacular - do you actually SEND them to people?!?!?
:-)
Keep on keepin on. I wonder what you've got up your sleeve (or from your pen) next.

Cathryn said...

Oh;, Theresa, this card is absolutely gorgeous! I will have to check out this set.

Elena said...

Stunning card! I really love the highlights to the snowflakes!