Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Hip Snowman

Here is another card I shared at the Gina K release party last week. This was a fun card to make with all these images pulled from different sets.

I started by stamping the background from Hip To Be Square, with Versa Mark ink and heat embossing with black embossing powder. Then I stamped the snowman from Warm Winter Wishes, using Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

Used Copic marker, B00 for the shading on the snowman. I used it around all the edges, working my way in just a bit, using small circles. Then I used my blender pen to soften the transition to bare paper. Went back with the B00, again just along the outer edges.

Used R29 and G07 for the holly and berries.

For the scarf, I used G07, B24, B26 and my colorless blender pen.

Used YR12 over the entire nose and added YR07 to shade.

For the heart, I used R27, R24, R22 and R20, starting with the darkest on the outside. The word "joy" is also from Warm Winter Wishes fits perfectly on the heart.

For the hat, I used N7, N5 and N3. After coloring, I heat embossed the snowman with clear embossing powder.

I masked around the outside edges of the square using post its. For the bottom, I tore the post its to make a snow bank.

Sponged Bashful Blue (SU).

Sponged Vivid Purple.

I removed the mask and stamped the deer from Holiday Cheer, using Black Stazon, then I stamped the trees, also from Holiday Cheer, with Vivid Purple, but stamped off first, so they would look like they were in the distance.

I added some shading to the snow using C3 Copic marker and stamped a snowflake from A Very Merry Christmas, using white pigment ink. Then I used my Startdust Glitter pen and added some highlights to the trees, snowflakes and snow. The sentiment is from Holiday Greetings.

Thanks for visiting. Have a great day!

12 comments:

Granny P said...

Magical!

6 wacky women said...

Fabulous card, Theresa
Love the background with the reindeer, such a cute snowman too!!

Karen x

Carolyn King said...

FABULOUS indeed!!! love this--great combination of stamps!

Lori said...

I do love this card! The colors are a gorgeous combo!

Casmiles said...

The window image, alone, is calling me to that set...

Jennie said...

Love this Theresa! Beautiful shading and combination of stamp sets!

Linda said...

Beautiful card. I love the Vivid Purple. I thought you used clear embossing powder on the trees. I love the way they look in the distance and glitter with snow. Thanks again for the great coloring guide.

Patti J. said...

Theresa, that purple background is awesome. It really pops. Great card!

Elena said...

Beautiful card, Theresa! I love the purple background and wonderful winter scene! This snowman is so adorable!

Deb Neerman said...

Gorgeous!!! LOVE the trees in the 'distance' ... creates such depth! As usual, just beautiful, Theresa!!

Maria said...

You are amazing!! Love it!!!

Anonymous said...

wow...u make it look so easy! and it is a great card..love your work, Cher