Sunday, October 4, 2009

Guest Designer - Selma Stevenson


Hi! I'm so excited to have two amazingly talented stampers helping me showcase A Very Merry Christmas this month. Selma Stevenson and Sharri Seffens have graciously agreed to be guest designers for me and today I am featuring Selma and this gorgeous card using the fireplace and tree from A Very Merry Christmas.

When I first started seeing Selma stunning cards on StampTV, I knew I wanted to invite her to be a guest designer. I adore looking at her beautiful designs.

Isn't Selma's coloring extraordinary on this card?? I love it. And check out that great floor she added. She trimmed the bottom off the tree container to give it a different look. What a great idea!

I asked Selma a few questions to get to know her better...

How long have you been stamping and how did you get started? I first got really involved with stamping about 10 years ago after becoming a SU demonstrator. I had played around with it before that but this gave me the opportunity to easily get new products and to work with other people.

What are your favorite kinds of projects/techniques? My favorite thing is to just make cards but also enjoy making boxes/containers. It is hard to pick a favorite technique because I like the variety of being able to do many different techniques. I love to color and I love to cut out images to give my cards dimension. I think I look at my work and try to make each one a little piece of art. I like to be "original" with all my work.

Do you enjoy challenges and, if so, what are your favorites and why? Yes, I always enjoy doing just about any challenge (except scrapbooking). The most fun for me are the sketch challenges. I think I usually keep my sketches pretty simple and always enjoy the challenge of doing something different. I also enjoy doing the technique and color challenges too.
What inspires you in your crafting? What really inspires me is to get something new or to see a new technique I can try. I love to read blogs and find out about new products and or techniques. I always look forward to Gina's tutorials to learn new techniques and see new items.

Thank you, Selma, for a glimpse into your creative world! Next week I'll be featuring Sharri Steffens.

For more inspiration you can hop on over to Selma's blog for another gorgeous Very Merry card! And Sharri is also posting a Very Merry project, so be sure to check our her blog, too!

Thank you so much for stopping by today.

Here are the details from Selma's card, in her own words...

Image stamped on Ivory cardstock. Colored with Copic markers. Drew hardwood floor colored with Copics and brushed on Crystal Effects to make it look like varnished hardwood floor. Frame cut out of white textured CS with rectangle Nestabilities. Three square gold brads added to corners. Three narrow strips of Real Red card stock added to help frame the picture. Frame attached over design with dimensional tape. Tree stamped with Memento black ink (part of base cut off). Tree colored with Copic markers. Koh-i-noor green pencil and OMS used to fill in tree. Tree attached over frame with dimensional tape. White Inkessentials pen used to color in white portion of stockings. Crystal Effects added over apples on tree. Diamond glitter dots (Stickles) added in window to make it look like it is snowing. Yellow Stickles added to flame in fireplace. Layer under design is Brushed Gold CS layered on Forest Foliage CS Verse stamped in black and cut out with petite oval Nestabilities and sponged with Forest green ink before removing. Paper piercing tool used to punch holes in each scallop. Card measures 5x7 inches.

Have a great day!

9 comments:

Sharri said...

Thud!! Selma's card is stunning! Thank you so much Theresa!

redwasher1 said...

Oh! This is just perfect!!!! Feels so cozy.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

My goodness, this is simply outstanding! Both of your choices for guest designer are so talented. This is the perfect month for them to showcase such a beautiful set!

Payne Holler Cards said...

love Selma's creations! her coloring is awesome and she can always create beautiful scenes! can't wait to see more :)
Going to pop over to see Sherri's...you definitely chose two incredibly talented designers!

Donna Baker said...

this is beautiful!! love all the details

Jennie said...

Wow, what a gorgeous card and great new picks for Guest Designers! They will be amazing with this set and can't wait to see more :o)

Deb Neerman said...

GREAT card! I just love the new set, Theresa!!!

AKiteFlier said...

Total Mojoliciousness! Great pick with Selma - I am a huge fan of her work and she will do ya proud for sure! :-)

Elena said...

Love Selma's card too! Her coloring is gorgeous!