Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Gina K Preview - First Christmas and Vintage Borders

Hello! Today I have projects to show you for two new stamp sets being released this Thursday from Gina K Designs. This first one uses First Christmas, illustrated by Asela Hopkins. You are going to love the classic holiday images in this set! Check out the gorgeous new Tan Leather textured cardstock! (you can click on the image to see it larger) It's just one of the new Pure Luxury colors being released this month and part of a new Neutrals Assortment Pack. Those buttons are from the new Neutrals button assortment!
Next up is Vintage Borders, illustrated by Nina Brackett. The gorgeous border images in this set are going to be wonderful for making holiday cards, but I see many possibilities for cards all year long. I used Pure Luxury Cranberry Tart, Ivory and Chocolate Chip for my layering and the new Pure Luxury Leather for the card base.

For even more inspiration, please visit the Illustrators of the stamp sets featured tonight:

Tonight, we have several of our Center Stage Spotlight Designers joining in the previews. Here are their blog links:

Finally, stop by these GinaK Designers' blog for even more projects with tonight's stamp sets:
Gina Krupksy
Carolyn King
Cathy Tidwell
Cindy Lawrence
Erika Martin
Emily Giovanni
Jessica Fick
Kurtis Amundson
Lee Murphy
Lynn Mercurio
Melanie Muenchinger
Tami Mayberry
Donna Baker

Our Release party will be held Thursday night over on SCS in GinaK's Forum from 7-10 pm CST. We'd love to have you join in the fun! There will be contest questions, challenges, chatter, and lots more samples from our designers throughout the party! See you then!

Here are the details on my cardinal card...

I started by using R29 Copic marker on the cardinal from First Christmas.

Added R24.

Used my blender pen.

After blending, I went back with R29 to deepen the shadows.

Then added a little N5 to deepen the shadows even more.

Used E33 and Y23 on the beak and then I cut out the bird.

Next, I stamped the cardinal a second time. I didn't really need to color the bird again since I planned to pop up the first bird over him, but I went ahead and colored over him very quickly so that there wouldn't be any white peeking out from under the popped up bird.

I colored the foliage with YG95, then used an opaque white gel pen to add highlights. After coloring, I used my Versa Mark pen on the whole image and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

I cut out the second image using oval Nestabilities. I intentionally chopped off the poor bird's head, so he would extend past the oval after I placed the first bird on top. then I sponged around the image with So Saffron ink.

Sponged with Creamy Caramel around the edges.

I used Pop Dots to adhere the first bird over the second and layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx. Added a layer of Ivory that I embossed with my Snowflake CB folder, layered with Rocket Red, Black Onyx, Tan Leather and used an Ivory cardbase.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful day!

26 comments:

Carolyn King said...

beautiful Theresa!!! They are both wonderful! As always...great coloring and design!

Tina said...

Truly gorgeous!!! Your coloring is such a true art!!! I am always on edge waiting for your blog to fully open because I KNOW my mouth will drop. You rock!!!!!

Janice M said...

Awesome cards! I really love how you sponge your cards, so pretty!

Sharri said...

Theresa, absolutely stunning! As it always does when I visit your blog, my jaw dropped to the floor!

Melissa said...

Awesome cards Theresa! I love them both and your coloring on the cardinal is so perfect!

Vicki Dutcher said...

My favorite bird--the Cardinal! Beautiful work as usual Theresa!!

Payne Holler Cards said...

check out your cardinal!!! love it...can't wait to see more!

Scrapacat said...

Such care and creativity in crafting this card. It's simply stunning!
~ky

Lee said...

Ohhh the coloring is fabulous....I never thought to use neutrals to deepen shadows......gotta put neutrals on the shopping list! LOL Your cards are really works of art!!!

NinaB said...

Both cards are stunning, Theresa. I just got me some daubers, so I can try to sponge like you :-).

Lynn Mercurio said...

I just love your elegant style Theresa...beautiful designs and awesome layouts. Your projects are always jaw droppin'!!!

asela said...

Drop dead beautiful card!

Cat Tidwell said...

yes, when I grow up I want to sponge like YOU!! LOVE it my friend! poor bird with hims head chopped off...haha! You so rock!

Melanie said...

love the sketch on colors on the cardinal esp.!

Carla S. said...

Both cards are absolutely gorgeous, Theresa! Beautiful coloring of the cardinal! Wonderful layouts and designs!

Theresa's Studio said...

Love, love your cards. As always they are works of art!

SherylH said...

So pretty -- love how you moved the main frame of the cardinal card above the card base.

Hanne said...

Awesome card! Great coloring and layout!

kerianne said...

I can't think of the right word to describe this card...the word delicious keeps coming to mind!! Your coloring is amazing, and I love the sponging...you do it so perfectly!!

Wordbird said...

Theresa...what an absolutely beautiful set of cards! You're so awesome at what you do! And always teaching the rest of us through your wonderful tutorials...so appreciated! ;D Diana

Deb said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! I just love your stuff! Always a fav! I said that last night, didn't I?!

Giovana said...

Great card Theresa!! Love your coloring technique.

TFS
God bless
Giovana

Lori said...

Amazingly beautiful, as per your usual style, Theresa!!!

Lori said...

Stunning cards Theresa!!!!

Unknown said...

You really are the Blender pen genious, my friend. I hardly ever use it and I need to... thanks for the pictures to show me how to get the shading you achieve!!!

I adore the card you made with Nina's set... so elegant!

Shelly said...

Beautiful card Theresa. I love the way you blend your inks!