Hello! I am so excited to be sharing a project using Melanie Muenchinger's gorgeous new stamp set, Festive Frame. This is a one layer card! It just looks layered because of the fabulous frame stamp Melanie designed, inspired by the poinsettia from A Year of Flowers. She created such a gorgeous composition with the pine branches and cones. In addition to the large poinsettia frame, there are several sentiments that all fit inside the frame, including the one I used here.
For even more inspiration, please visit the Illustrator of the Festive Frame stamp set Melanie Muenchinger's blog. Then, check in on our CenterStage Spotlight Designer, Diana Queen who has prepared a project for us tonight too.
After that, check out these GinaK Designer's joining in on the Preview blog hop tonight:
Before I show you the step by step photos for my card, I wanted to give you another peek at Melanie's new set...
This is a scrapbook page I made for the Scrapbook Challenge I am hosting at StampTV this week. I'll be sharing all the step by step details for this project later in the week, but wanted to show you how beautifully this stamp set lends itself to larger compositions and invite you to play along in my challenge!
And now for my card...
To create my card, I cut a piece of base weight Pure Luxury White cardstock and then stamped my image with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. I used my Copics to color and didn't have to worry about them bleeding through, since I was using the base weight white.
I started with R29 at the centers of the leaves and along the edges.
Then used my blender pen to smooth the color transition into the highlighted areas.
Went back with R29 to deepen the shading.
Finished the rest of that flower and the other poinsettia in the same manner.
Used E57 on the cones, YG97 on the pine needles and R27 on the berries.
Next, I used my Versa Mark pen to go over the colored portions of the image and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.
Used post-it notes to mask the sides and sponged Bashful Blue ink.
Sponged Ballet Blue ink and then moved my masks and did the other side.
Cut an oval from a piece of scratch paper and used it as a mask to sponge some Certainly Celery ink. My oval wasn't the exact match, but close enough that I could just reposition it a few times as I worked around the oval.
To finish, I used my YG99 Copic marker to fill in the banded areas and then used Liquid Applique to fill in the little dots on in the center of the poinsettias and on the berries, cones and pine needles to look like snow. I got it to puff up by heating just briefly with a heat gun. That stuff is so cool!
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a great day!