Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Autumn Sunshine

Good morning! Here is the card I made for the color challenge I am hosting at StampTV this week. I hope you'll play along!

I used the sunflowers from Autumn Beauty, butterfly from Take Flight and flowers from Tropical Flowers, all sets from Gina K Designs. Here are all the details.

I started by coloring the butterfly with Copics. I used YR07 in the darkest areas.

Added YR04.

Added Y17.

Added Y23.

Added Y21, leaving just a few small areas uncolored.

Then I used my blender pen to go over the lightest areas, allowing some of the yellow to bleed into the uncolored areas, to soften the transition. After coloring the butterfly, I cut out the image and then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder.

Next, I stamped the larger sunflower on my Pure Luxury White paper, then stamped it again on copy paper to create a mask. I cut out the one on the copy paper.

I adhered the mask over the first sunflower, using re-positionable tape, then stamped the second flower so they were over-lapped just slightly. Then I removed the mask.

Started coloring by going around the center with R24.

Went over the previous color with YR07 and worked out just a little way.


Added Y17.
Added Y23, leaving uncolored highlights.

Then I again used my blender pen to soften the transition.

Added E37 to the darkest parts of the center.

Added YR07.

Then went over the entire center with YR23 and E35.

For the stems and leaves, I started with YG99 in the shadows.

Added YG95.

Filled in with YG03 and YG93, then added highlights with my blender pen.

I used my Versa Mark pen to cover the image, so my embossing powder with stick, then heat embossed with clear.

Next, I sponged So Saffron.

Sponged Certainly Celery.

Sponged Old Olive.

Sponged Creamy Caramel.

Stamped some flowers from Tropical Flowers with Old Olive ink. I had originally planned to have the butterfly on the right side of the card, but you can see that light blob in the left corner. That was because there was some stray embossing powder that got embossed before I noticed it. It resisted the ink, causing me to have to change my plans to cover it up.

I layered with Pure Luxury Chocolate Chip, Soft Sand, Fresh Asparagus and used a Sweet Corn card base. I addeed some brads and punched elements using the EK Success Curved Corner Punch.

Just a note: My blog candy winner from last week, Miriam, still has not contacted me. I'll give her two more days and if I still haven't heard from her, I'll draw a new winner. Miriam, come out and claim your prize!

Thanks for visiting. Have a wonderful day!

16 comments:

Selma said...

Theresa this is another gorgeous card. I love all the colors and the addition of the butterfly.

Marimer said...

Enhorabuena nuevamente, Theresa, es un a leccion increible, ojalá pudiese tomas clases personalmente. Gran trabajo. Bss.

Elena said...

Very beautiful card! And the colors are wonderful!!!

slbt17 said...

Amazing!
Sandra

CFLanger said...

Wow - this is just stunning! That butterfly is just amazing!

Sue said...

Absolutley stunning card hun, luv watching it come to life, beautiful creation as always.sue.x

Sharri said...

Theresa, This card is gorgeous! I love these colors together and the buttfly stamp goes perfect with the sunflowers.

Crafting Queen said...

Another stunning card, love your colouring. Anesha

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Oo, what lovely card!

Melanie said...

gorgeous card theresa! the matting silhouettes in the background are such nice thoughtful touches

Lori said...

Stunning! The colors are so pretty w/ these images!

6 wacky women said...

Gorgeous card, Theresa.
The colours are beautiful, love the butterfly too!!

Karen x

Christine said...

Your card is gorgeous and you do such wonderful work. I loved the tutorial. It was so detailed. Thanks! I was wondering though what sponge daubers you used. They look like they keep your hands cleaner than others. Thanks for the inspiration and have a wonderful day.
xoxo, Christine

Jennie said...

Wow Theresa, love the butterfly with the sunflowers...Gorgeous card!

Cathy said...

Hey GF, Gorgeous card!!! You are my inspiration.

Deb Neerman said...

WoW! This is just gorgeous, Theresa! Your butterfly looks so real!