Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Second Spring

Hello and happy Wednesday! I can't believe how fast this week is going. Here is a card I shared at the Gina K release party last week. I used the smaller sunflower from Autumn Beauty and the leaf and sentiment from A Year of Leaves.

I started by cutting a circle with my Nestabiltities and then stamping the sunflower with Memento Black ink. I used Copic markers to color the images, starting with YR14 at the base of the petals.

Then I blended out from there just a bit with Y17 and hit the tips of the petals also.

I filled in with Y21.

For the center of the flower, I used E37 along the outer part of the circle and the inner part of the circle, then filled in with Y14, followed by my blender pen to add some highlights.

For the stem and leafs, I used YG91, YG95 and YG03.

After coloring the sunflower, I used my Versa Mark pen to go over the entire image, so my clear embossing powder would have something to stick to. Then I heat embossed before stamping the leaf. I started coloring with E37 along the veins.

Then I blended out using YR14.

Worked my way out from there with YR12.

Next, I filled in with Y21.

I decided the coloring on the leaf was too similar to the sunflower and it got lost visually, so I added some R24 to make it a little brighter.

Then I used Y21 to blended it out and went back over the veins a final time with R24 again. Next I heat embossed the leaf with clear embossing powder.

I placed the circle back in the Nestabiltiies die and then sponged some light yellow ink.


I made a second circle for the sentiment, also sponging and layered with Chocolate Kiss cardstock (Gina K). I used a piece of the Signs of Autumn paper for a panel and also a piece of Ivory, sponged with yellow and embossed using my Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder. The cardbase is Pumpkin Spice.

I want to thank Miss Boo for this award! If you haven't been to Miss Boo's blog you should check it out. She is a fab designer and hostess of the Clean and Simple Challanges at SCS. I am always inspired by her work.

I also received another award a little over a week ago, but I lost the email and can't remember who it was from. So sorry!!! If the person that awarded me with that, can leave me a comment and let me know, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope your day is wonderful!

9 comments:

Beth S said...

Hi Theresa. This card is beautiful. Love the colour combinations. Great tutorial on colouring. As always, inspirational.

Melissa said...

This is a real beauty Theresa! Thank you so much for the coloring tutorial. Do you always start with the darkest color first, or is is whatever suits you when you sit down to color? I have always started with my lightest first, but I feel like I would use less ink if I started with darkest first. KWIM? I tend to have several layers of ink by the time I blend everything out.

Melanie said...

I heart this card! i need to start emobssing over my images more often , just too lazy LOL!

Sue said...

Wow Teressa this is simply stunning! Thanks for the tutorial on how it was done. TFS

Cathy said...

Theresa, This is gorgeous. Love it. I love fall colors, not necessarily fall, just fall colors :)

Jennie said...

This is beautiful...love your bow and the layout. I am loving your new Autumn Beauty set, it is so pretty and goes so nicely with so many other stamp sets!

Lori said...

Fantastic! The way you combined these images looks amazing!

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

What an elegant fall"ish" card...love the colours you chose and great idea using the versamark pen to add extra images.... Will have to give that a try.... Also thanks so much for taking the time to show each step....sure helps get the message across.

Tina said...

WOW... stunning!! Love the crystal lacquer.