Sunday, September 13, 2009

Pink Sunflower

Last week the Lori McAree was the featured stamper for the Featured Stamper Challenge at SCS. Lori does such beuatiful work. I chose this card for inspiration and changed...

Colors
Papers'
Moved the brads to the left
Used a ribbon instead of paper for the horizontal element.

I thought it would be fun to make a card using Autumn Beauty with spring colors. Here is how I made my card...


I used Copic markers to color my image, starting with RV29.

Added RV25.

Filled in with RV21.

I used Y17 and Y23 for the center, using Y17 in the darker areas.

For the stem and leaves, I used YG05.

Then filled in with YG03. After coloring I used my Versa Mark pen to go over the image so my clear embossing powder would stick, then I heat embossed.

I used circle nestabilities to cut out the image and sponged Pretty in Pink ink.

I finished the card with some Basic Grey Eva paper, Pure Luxury Green Apple and White, and SU Bravo Burgundy.

There are still a few hours left to enter my blog candy. I'll be back sometime tomorrow to post the winner. And then tomorrow night (Monday) I will be joining in a special blog hop featuring Nina Bracket's set, Elegant Verses.

Thanks for visiting. Have a happy day!

15 comments:

Granny P said...

Another amazing card. Your work continually inspires me but oh how I wish I could even come near the same result following your colouring techniques.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Everything about this card is just yummy! I love seeing you work in pinks! What a refreshing floral this is!

Juls said...

wow!! this is just beautiful!! Love how you have made the sunflower pink!! very creative! love it!

Payne Holler Cards said...

just love the pink! so pretty :)))

Jennie said...

Very pretty card Theresa! Love the flower in pink and such a lovely card to case :o)

lisa808 said...

Pretty in pink!

CraftieConnie said...

So so pretty and gorgeous layout! You are fantastic and thanks for sharing your tricks of the trade!

Jen said...

Wow! So gorgeous. I love love love your demos!!

Maria said...

Beautiful! I was going to color a sunflower similar last night, great minds! Awesome job!!!

Carol said...

So pretty! Love the pink!

Sharri said...

Theresa, this is gorgeous! I love the sunflower in pink!

Janice M said...

Beautiful!! I Love the sunflower done in Pink! Kinda reminds me of a Cone Flower!

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Another STUNNER...... Your cards are truly amazing.

Elena said...

Beautiful card, Theresa! The DP you chose is perfect for this sunflower!

Marimer said...

Precioso, precioso. Bss