Monday, September 7, 2009

Guest Designer - Pam Imholz

Hello! This month I have three very talented stampers joining me as guest designers for my new stamp set, Autumn Beauty. Pam Imholz, Karen Knegten and Jennie Harper have all graciously agreed to show off their talents using my set.

Today, I am featuring Pam Imholz and this beautiful fall card using the scarecrow, corn stalk and pumpkins. I love the way she layered the pumpkins and colored some white, just like you would see at a pumpkin patch.


Notice how she used the corn stalks to stamp on the rust paper behind the focal image? What a nice touch. I love her beautiful coloring on the scarecrow and wonderful layout on this card. You can read about all the details about this card on Pam's blog, but first I asked Pam to share a few details about herself...

How long have you been stamping and how did you get started?
I actually started stampin the first time about 25 years ago - when I bought my own unmounted rubber images and my DH made me blocks of wood to mount them on. Then I had kids and life took over until about 8 years ago when I began scrapbooking. I did that intensely for 3 years and took a break. Then I stumbled upon Stampin Up from a girlfriend who was a papercrafter. I have never looked back and (sadly) never returned to my scrapbooking. I went on the Stampin Cruise last October with Gina K, was one of the first to sign up for StampTV and the rest is history!

What are your favorite kinds of projects/techniques?
I make cards of all types and there is this designer - maybe you have heard of her - Theresa Momber *grin* who is the sponging queen! I LOVE working with sponging and right now use it A LOT with my nesties to give that appearance of another layer. I love to find creative ways to package cards and other gifts so I am always in search of templates etc. to make gifts special but with "wow" appeal.

What inspires you in your crafting?
All the DT gals and stampers on StampTV for sure, other stampin' blogs (I read 60 blogs on a fairly regular basis), and trying a minimum of one new challenge per week - the challenges really, really help me grow. I also garner inspiration from my surroundings though - nature, a co-workers jazzy design on a blouse (I've been known to take a pic of someone's shirt saying "this would make a really cool card!") and browsing through catalogs for color or design trends.

OMGosh, how many of us are jealous that Pam was on that cruise??? I know I am. It sounded like such a wonderful time. Thank you, Pam for sharing!

I you would like to see another project from Pam, be sure to join us for a special blog hop featuring Autumn Beauty on Saturday, Sept 12. More details to come...

Tomorrow the Gina K Senior Design Team will be having a blog hop for a special mid-month release featuring a brand new stamp set from Gina's daughter, Alicia. You won't want to miss this! For an early peek at Alicia's new set, check out Gina's blog today. Rumor has it, she is doing an early preview!

6 comments:

AKiteFlier said...

Well I'll be jiggered! What a lovely write up Theresa. Thanks so much for your kind words and for this opportunity. It's been super fun working with this set - it's in my top 5 list for sure. SO much versatility.

*and BTW the cruise was beyond amazing - I was SO blessed to get to go - I was a last minute signup (like July) because it was just meant to be!* Happy Tuesday.

Cathy said...

Great choice Theresa, Pam's card is wonderful as are all of her other projects that I have ever seen.
Pam if you are reading this, you will love working with Theresa, she is an angel!

Jennie said...

Beautiful card! I love the way the cornstalks are colored and the design, just so pretty and fallish. Pam is so talented and I am so jealous she went on the cruise....pea green with envy :o)

redwasher1 said...

Congratulations! Pam your card is gorgeous and look forward to seeing what other creations you come up with!!

Selma said...

What great choices for designers Theresa. Pam, Karen and Jennie always have such beautiful work. This card by Pam is fabulous. Great detail and I really love the layout.

Melanie said...

beautiful card Pam, love the mix of pale pumpkins!