Thursday, September 3, 2009

Grateful Grapes

Hello, Stampers! Today I have another card I shared at the last Gina K release party. I used Asela Hopkin's latest stamp set for Gina K Designs, called Fruitful Harvest.

Here are the details...

I stamped the grape cluster on Pure Luxury White cardstock and used Copic markers to color. I wanted some of the grapes to have just a bit more reddish color, so I under colored some with pink (RV23).

Used Vo6 and colored in the shadows.

Used V04 to blend out from V06.

Filled in with V01, then added BV17 in the deepest shadows and my blender pen to add some highlights.

Used YG99 along the veins of the leaves.

Blended out a bit with YG95.

Filled in with YG93.

Then went over the leaves with YG03 to brighten them up a bit.

For the background, I sponged light yellow on Pure Luxury Ivory cardstock and then sponged olive along the edges.

Stamped one of the leaves from Autumn Beauty in a random pattern using gray ink.

I haven't talked about how to line up your border punches in a while. When I first started using border punches, I didn't realize that the image along the sides of the guide are perfectly aligned for you, so I like to revisit this topic once in a while for any new stampers that might be reading this. . It is also a lot easier to punch if you place your punch down on a hard surface and lean down to punch. Then just slide your paper along to one side or the other and line up the image on the punch with the image you just punched out and then punch again, for a seamless transition. The punch above is a Martha Stewart punch I found at Michaels.

To finish my card, I cut out the image and placed it on the background using Pop Dots dimensionals. I layered that with Pure Luxury Black and lavender cardstock, then my piece of border punched Pure Luxury Ivory. The card base is Pure Luxury Green Apple. I used my Nestabilities tag punch to cut out the sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you day is filled with stamping fun!

11 comments:

PinksyDoodles said...

This is stunning!
Clare x

CFLanger said...

Wow! This is so pretty! I love the colors on this card!

Jennie said...

This is beautiful card Theresa...love the leaves on the background. I need one of those border punches...have to look into that :o)

Melissa said...

Beautiful! The purples and the Green Apple cardstock are amazing together.

Seongsook Duncan said...

Theresa, this is gorgeous!

Payne Holler Cards said...

loved it at the release and still lovin it!!! a fav color combo ..well, which aren't! right?
LOL
Linda

AKiteFlier said...

Stunning Theresa - I love the color combo and no one can touch your coloring skills! I just got this punch today - I've been looking for it for a long time but it's always out of stock so yipee!!!

Charlene said...

Another beautiful card. I love lilac and green together

Deebi27 said...

OMG, beautiful rich coloring...it's like you painted it! Thanks and have a good weekend!

Linda said...

This is beautiful! I love the way you show all the steps to make your cards. I learn so much from your blog.

Tina said...

Wonderful coloring on those grapes!!!