Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Gina K Preview Day 4 - Lazy Days of Summer and Ribbon Stripes

Good morning! Today is the last day of previews for the latest Gina K Designs release. I used two new sets, Lazy Summer Days (the new "free with three" set) and Ribbon Stripes, on today's project.

As soon as I saw some of the sets for this release, I knew I had to get back into scrapbooking photos of my daughter. The cute beachy images in Lazy Days of Summer reminded me immediately of these photos of my daughter from when she was just barely three years old.


To start, I cut a 7 by 7 inch piece of Pure Luxury Ivory layering paper and then I brayered So Saffron ink around the edges. Next I used an image from Ribbons and Stripes to create the dotted border around the edges, using So Saffron ink. The Ribbons and Stripes stamp set is going to be so perfect for creating edge treatments like this, but they can also be used to create beautiful backgrounds and stamp on ribbon.

I stamped the sand castle and bucket with Memento Tuxedo black ink, colored them with Copics, then cut them out. The photos were trimmed and layered with Pure Luxury Black Onyx. The background paper was also layered with black and the base is an 8 by 8 inch piece of So Saffron. I added some gems and sateen flowers that I colored with Copics.

The rest of the team has some fabulous projects featureing these two stamp sets. Be sure to start at Gina's blog and then hop on over to the rest of the team.

Carolyn King
Cindy Lawrence
Donna Baker
Emily Giovanni
Erika Martin
Gina Krupsky
Jessica Fick
Joanne Basile
Melanie Muenchinger


IN THE SPOTLIGHT
Melissa Shultz


There will be a release party here in the Gina K forums at SCS, today (Thursday) from 7-10PM. I hope you'll join us. There will be challenges, contests and full reveals of all the new sets. Then, at 10pm central, all the new stamp sets, Pure Luxury colors, ink pads and digital papers will be available in the online store.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful day!

15 comments:

NinaB said...

The stamps are so perfect for your layout. Your daughter is a cutie. I need to scrapbook about my girls more regularly (when I'm not too busy cardmaking :-). Have a great day.

Melanie said...

so cute! darling photos! thanks for a great layout, I can do this! :) (I think I can , I think I can!...)

to do list:
take some sand castle pictures

Unknown said...

Theresa, your scrapbook page is so fun!!! I LOVE it!

Tina said...

Oh wow Theresa!!! These are adorable. GREAT stamps for this page and how cute are those kids!!!!

Cat Tidwell said...

OH this is just adorable Theresa! LOVE it! What a cutey your daughter was and that blonde blonde hair!

Anita said...

Wow! This is so cute.

Anonymous said...

Sweet Sweet!! Cute Cute!!
Wonderful layouts.. }
kimmiek

buggin2stamp said...

Theresa, what a fun page. Your daughter is adorable. See you tonight at the party!

Lori said...

Great page, Theresa! Such a cutie!

Sharri said...

Theresa, This page adorable! Your daughter is very cute!!

Shirley said...

Gorgeous pages, beautiful memories too!

Jan Hennings said...

This is the sweetest LO!

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, you scrapped!!!! GREAT LO and your daughter is just adorable!!

Elena said...

Very cute! I love the polka-dots border and little sand bucket with the sand castle you added! Your daughter is adorable!!!

lisa808 said...

What a perfect summer page.