Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A Few Quickie Gift Card Holders

Here are a few last minute gift card holders I made this morning. I needed these for my nephew and brother-in-law.

The one above I stamped the Joy stamp, from Christmas Joy, on Pure Luxury card stock. Then I colored it with markers and Koh-i-noor pencils. I used a Versa Mark pen over the image and then embossed it with clear embossing powder. Next, I sponged the background with Certainly Celery and Old Olive ink.

I used my Martha Stewart punch and a button for the corner treatment. The other layers on the card are Basic Black, Real Red and Kiwi Kiss for the card base.

To make it a gift card holder, I cut the Kiwi Kiss to 8 1/4 by 4 1/4. Then I scored at 3 1/2 and 7 inches, leaving 1 1/4 to fold over to the inside to form the pocket. I used red tacky tape on either side to adhere it.

For this one, I colored the pick-up from Loads of Love (Stampin' Up) with Koh-i-noor pencils and cut it out. Then I sponged in a background on rectangular piece of Pure Luxury white card stock, using Certainly Celery and Old Olive. I added some trees, stamped with Certainly Celery, using a stamp from Tree Silhouettes.

I used the large tree from Tree Silhouettes and just inked up the top with Old Olive and stamped it on an angle to look like it would be in the back of the pick-up, then I adhered the pick-up. The snowflakes are from Magic of Christmas and stamped with white pigment ink. I used the same ribbon treatment as the card above.

This one is also a gift card holder, but a little larger. I cut the card base to 9 3/4 by 5 1/2 and scored at 4 1/4 abnd 8 1/2, leaving 1 1/4 to for the pocket.

Wow, I can't believe it is already Christmas Eve and I still have presents to wrap. I better get busy!

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

7 comments:

Lee said...

Caaauteness!!! I love that Unity Joy stamp!!! And what wonderful gift card cards!!

Shirley said...

They are wonderful! How very pretty for gifts~!

Elena said...

They are wonderful! I love the pick-up scene you created!
Merry Christmas to you and your family Theresa!

fishlips said...

AWWW What pretty cards the background,colors and extra elements are just so delightful looking...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and your Family Theresa!!!

Hugs,
Erin

Patti J said...

As always, your cards made me feel good! They always bring a smile to my day.
I wish you a Christmas full of family, love, and blessings!
Patti J.

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

The top gift card holder is just the cutest! The bottom one is just fab with all of its dimensions. Wonderful "quickie" creations!
Merry Christmas, Theresa!

Rhonda Langley said...

I really like how you are using that Martha Stewart punch!! Nice touch!! The snowflakes are a great touch! Nice cards!!