Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Whimsical Butterfly

I really liked the sketch challenge at SCS today. This is what I came up with using it. The butterfly is from Butterfly Beauty from Unity.

I used a few stamps from Growing in Unity to create a frame around the butterfly.

To make the background, I sponged So Saffron, More Mustard and Pretty in Pink on a single piece of white card stock. Then I cut the pieces to fit the sketch. After that, I stamped the flourishes on the side pieces.

The butterfly is colored with Marvy markers and then embossed.

I hope you have a great day! Thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

Tam said...

Stunning!! And a very unique take on today's sketch!
Tamara

Jacqueline said...

This is gorgeous!!

fishlips said...

Ok this is so so stunning I just love the butterfly and the colors are breathtaking...wow!!!

Cat Tidwell said...

WOW!! This is stunning Theresa! Love the colors and how you did the butterfly...beautiful!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Spectacular! One of my favorite Unity sets!

Patti J said...

You've done it again! You never cease to amaze me. I loved your Christmas Blessings as well. Girl, you rock! Keep posting!

Laura lok said...

stunning card I love it

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

What gorgeous colours. Breathtaking! And the layout is so original! :O)

Jami said...

What a stunner this is!!! I just love your take on the sketch, and that frame is awesome!!
hugs, Jami

Donna Baker said...

what a gorgeous card! love your sponging.

Janine said...

Great blog... Found you via MelStampz... Love your designs

Michelle said...

Just beautiful!

Catherine said...

WOW!

Elena said...

What a fabulous card you created! Love the swirls, and colors are just gorgeous!

Lee said...

Sponging GENIUS!!!!! Soooo exquisite!!!!

Stampin_Melissa said...

Wow! This is just jaw-dropping!

Deb Wood said...

This is absoluteely amazingly stunning!!! I so love it!! Everything is perfect!!