Monday, November 17, 2008

Triangle Fold Flower

Hello! I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. The weather here was great and I really enjoyed getting out and soaking up a little sun.

The Try a New Technique challenge at SCS today was to make a triangle fold medallion. I have never done one of these before, so it was a good challenge for me. Here is the link to the challenge with with instructions on how to do it.

I used designer paper from K&Company for my medallion. Before assembling the pieces, I sponged the triangles with Ruby Red ink to give it a bit more dimension.


Once I had it together, I thought is looked a bit like a poinsettia, so I pulled out Melanie's A Year of Flowers and stamped some leaves to go around it. I stamped them on white card stock and then sponged them with Old Olive ink. Then I used my aqua painter to add some shadows.

The background is Very Vanilla, sponged with Ruby Red and then dry embossed with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder. After embossing, I sponged on a little more Ruby Red on the dots. Below that is a layer of Bravo Burgundy card stock, then Basic Black. The card base is Creamy Caramel.

Have a great day!

13 comments:

6 wacky women said...

Fantastic card, Theresa. I always love your choice of colors. Your cards are so elegant.

I think this is tea bag folding and if you google "teabag folding" you will find sites that let you print all different squares in 3 differnt sizes.
Take care
Karen

Catherine said...

Theresa, this is so pretty. I saw this technique this morning and thought that it's so complicated...LOL! You did a FAB job :)

Elena said...

Wow! That is so beautiful! You did a fabulous job!

Lee said...

Wow!!!! Totally amazing.......what gorgeous dp too and I love the swiss dots!! I'm definitely gonna have to give this technique a try!!

debinicol said...

nice job...always a pleasure to see what you have created to show the world...thanks for sharing!

Jami said...

Wow - love the subtle pattern on the paper and those leaves are just perfect with it. Beautiful!!
hugs, Jami

fishlips said...

Theresa, This is Fantastic and so breathtaking, you mastered this medallion to perfection....AMAZING!!! love it all...like always...

Julia Aston said...

Oh- I love the papers you used on your 'flower' and the leaves are super! very nice job on this!!

Deb Wood said...

This is sooo beautiful and fun, love it!!!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

What a pretty flower! The subtle print on the poinsettia is just lovely!

Rhonda Langley said...

The medallion is beautiful. I love the inked DP it adds so much. Your leaves are the perfect touch.

Shirley said...

How wonderful and what a great project! I love what you did with your folded paper and how the whole card was put together! Beautiful!

Donna Baker said...

wow! so pretty