Friday, November 14, 2008

Thanksgiving Whimsy

Melanie issued a challenge in the Gina K forums to make a card using at least three Gina K stamp sets. I love combining stamps sets, so this was a fun challenge for me.

The pumpkin from Cammie's latest set, Whimsical Autumn, was stamped on white card stock and colored with Koh-i-noor pencils and Marvy markers. Then I embossed the image and sponged the background with So Saffron, Creamy Caramel and Pumpkin Pie inks.

I also stamped the leaves from Autumn Leaves and the fern from Botanical Dreams and colored those with Koh-i-noor pencils.

The larger panel was sponged with So Saffron, Creamy Caramel and Pumpkin Pie, then stamped with another stamp from Botanical Dreams, using Creamy Caramel ink. The sentiment is from So Grateful and the card base is Really Rust.

Thanks for visiting. I hope you have a fun weekend!

13 comments:

Elena said...

Beautiful card! Love how you was inspired by those stamps! Your coloring is outstanding!

Catherine said...

very pretty :)

Kristine said...

WOW...what a gorgeous, gorgeous Thanksgiving card! :) Wish I had this set. I also don't have scalloped ovals yet. Some day, *sigh* ;) LOVE all your wonderful sponging--GREAT JOB with that!!

Cat Tidwell said...

How gorgeous! I love these fall colors too, and everything works really good together! Wonderful creation Theresa!

I actually started mine, and we have used the same sets...I have another one in the works though, lol!

Lee said...

Ohhh I LOVE, LOVE the Autumn Leave in the bg!!! GORgeous card Theresa!!!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Such a warm and inviting card, Theresa! Lovely leaves!

fishlips said...

Theresa this is fantastic...The colors on your fall leafs are just perfect, Your pumpkin looks like any minute the fairly God Mother could snap this up for another coach .....It's a real beauty!!!!!

Becky G said...

Theresa, this is beautiful! Your coloring is amazing!!!

Hugs,
Becky

Jami said...

Gorgeous combination of stamps for an amazing Thanksgiving card!! Love all the out-of-the-box leaves!!
hugs, Jami

Donna Baker said...

gorgeous, Theresa! good luck!

Deb Wood said...

Gorgeous and hope you won! I never got to it! Oh well!

Phree said...

Gorgous autumn card.

Shirley said...

I am really in love with this. Your leaves and the sponging is just wonderful for that beautiful pumpkin~!