Thursday, November 27, 2008

Morning Glow Lilies

More flowers! Can you tell I love nature stamps? This image is one that I made while I was guest designing for Melanie. I rejected it at the time, because the flower color wound up so close to the background color, making the whole image look a bit washed out. I am getting desperate for projects to show while I am on vacation, so I dug this one out. Just wait til you see tomorrow's. I had to dig deep for that one.

The flowers on this card are from A Year of Flowers, and colored with Koh-i-noor pencils. Then I embossed the image and went back and sponged the background. I used So Saffron, Summer Sun, More Mustard and Pumpkin Pie inks.

The image is mounted on a layer of Basic Black, which is adhered to a Kiwi Kiss card base.

Have a happy Friday!

16 comments:

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

I think this is lovely, Theresa! I really like how you embossed the image first and then sponged the background. Gorgeous colors!

Lee said...

Ohhhh Glow Lilies is right!!! They are stunning!!!

craftimamma said...

Theresa, this is beautiful and the descriptive 'glow' is the perfect word.

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

If this is desperation, then I'll be a monkey's uncle! teehee. I love this the background and the flowers being similar in tone make it restful, but the vibrancy is captivating. Absolutely fabulous! Hope you're having a glorious vacation! :O)

Stampin_melissa said...

Wow oh wow Theresa! Breathtaking!

I checked your profile and you're in CA, a tad bit far to come visit IL for the week-end and try to pass to me an inkling of your talent! :D

6 wacky women said...

Beautiful, Theresa. Your coloring is just amazing, as always.

Karen x

Sandy Knecht said...

Once again, your card is beautiful! I love following your Blog. Thank you for sharing.

fishlips said...

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving...Your on vacation you lucky girl, I know you are enjoying yourself... Love the colors I can't wait to complete the last of my Christmas cardd so I can move on to making my favorite cards too...Nature cards

Laura lok said...

stunning. the pencils you used are on my wish list to hubby for christmas.

when you say you embossed the image after you colored it do you mean you embossed the entire image in clear??? using versa mark or something???

debinicol said...

I don't know anyone who sponges as well as you do...it is truly a gift of genuine art!
thanks for sharing it!
debi Nicol at yahoo dot com

Shirley said...

Beautiful! Love the way you did the background and I really love the embossed areas too!

Melanie said...

you silly it's awesome! the arrangememtn is SO striking, who care about the colros(which by the way are FAB!!)

Elena said...

Your flower cards are gorgeous Theresa! You can feel their colors and their nature!

Deb Wood said...

Fantabulous!! What I wouldn't give to be able to color like you!! Amazing!!

Jami said...

Stunning!!!
hugs, Jami

Phree said...

Gorgeous card.