Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Life's a Picnic

I made this card using the sketch from today's challenge at SCS. Most of the images are from Life is a Picnic from Treehouse Stamps.

I started by stamping the ant on Whisper White card stock. Then I colored him with Koh-i-noor pencils, blended with odorless mineral spirits. I went over the entire image with a Versa Mark pen and then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.

Next, I sponged the background with Certainly Celery and Bashfull Blue. Then I went around the edges with more Certainly Celery and some Old Olive.

I added some greenery, by stamping the Dream Tree and a stamp from Gratitude = Joy, around the edges.

The strawberries were colored with Marvy Markers, cut out and heat embossed with clear.

Thanks for stopping by. I hope you have a terrific day!

9 comments:

The Courteous Chihuahua said...

I found your blog just by randomly clicking the Next Blog button...wow!!! The most amazing thing is, I was getting ready to google homemade holiday card ideas! I will have to search your site and see what all you've done, although I don't think I'm that talented. Lovely work!

Elena said...

Very cute card! Love the scene you created!

Cat Tidwell said...

Too cute Theresa! Love this whole little scene you created with them pesky ants, haha! They look like they hiding under the bushes, lol!

fishlips said...

This is so fun...Wow love the ant...2 Cute!!!!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Really cute how you created the background for the ant. Those strawberries look so yummy! You have inspired me to play with my Koh-i-noor pencils. Wish me luck! Ha ha!

Jami said...

Awww...I've never seen an ant look so cute!! Love the flourishes around the edge!
hugs, Jami

Rhonda Langley said...

Cute ant!! Love the edges too!! I love all the details you add to your cards-like the little blue boxes at the bottom of the image. Beautiful!!

Deb Wood said...

How cute!!

Shirley said...

Another reallly cute card and work of art. I need to pay more attention to your techniques, lady! Love this card and that ant is adorable!