Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Joy of Christmas


Hello and happy Wednesday! A bunch of the Unity peeps do a Wednesday challenge every week and I decided to play along. This week was an inspiration piece. I pulled the colors from the inspiration piece and used the sketch from SCS today, so this is a double challenge card.

The Joy stamp, from Unity, is colored with Koh-i-noor pencils. After coloring, I went over the image with Versa Mark and then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. Next, I sponged in the background with Certainly Celery.

The blue panel is Bashful Blue, sponged with Not Quite Navy and stamped with snowflakes from The Magic of Chistmas. The green panel is Garden Green, sponged with Garden Green ink and stamped with the branch from Christmas Blessings. The card base is Riding Hood Red.

Thanks for stopping by and don't forget Hip Hop Thursday in the Unity forums tomorrow. I also wanted to give a special thanks to Angela for featuring me on her blog today, for Watch Out Wednesday. It is such an honor!

Have a great day!

10 comments:

Phree said...

Wonderful christmas card, love the bold vibrant colours.

Catherine said...

such a beautiful card, Theresa.

Tee McNeil Art said...

The colors really draw me to this card! Awesome!

Tee

Shirley said...

A really wonderful card! I really like how you used the Clear EP on your images too!

6 wacky women said...

Very pretty christmas card, Theresa.
Great coloring.
Take care
Karen

Anonymous said...

Great card! I love the colors.

Jami said...

Gorgeous! I just love the richness in your colors - they are always so vibrant without being too bright and loud!
hugs, Jami

Cat Tidwell said...

This is GORGeous Theresa! I just love what you do with that stamp..omg! I so need that stamp, lol! Beautiful coloring on this!

Congrats to you for being Unity's Watchout Wednesday spotlight...(dont know exactly what its called, lol! ) But sooo very deserving! woohoo!!

fishlips said...

What a stunning Christmas Card, It's just fantastic

Michelle (aka mybelle101) said...

Gorgeous card, Theresa! Love the color choices and your coloring is fantastic!

Congratulations on being Unity's WOW girl!! You definitely deserve it...your cards are always stunning! :)