Sunday, November 16, 2008

Joyful Deer

Handmade Christmas card featuring Unity stampsI made this card for the Featured Stamper challenge at SCS today. This is the card I cased, by Kendra.

We were to change at least 4 things on our card. My changes were...

Used different stamps
Changed colors
Embossed background
Raised the sentiment onto an oval



I colored the deer (Unity) with Koh-i-noor pencils and blended it with odorless mineral spirits. I sponged the background with Bravo Burgundy ink. For the larger background panel, I embossed using the Perfectly Paisley embossing folder. The pink layers are Pink Pirrouette and the brown is Close to Cocoa.

Have a great day!

13 comments:

Sue from Oregon said...

Beautiful...wonderful coloring with such an elegant feeling!

Cat Tidwell said...

Just awesome Theresa! Your coloring is soo fantastic, I can almost feel the deer hair! WOW!!

Deb Wood said...

Oh my gosh this is awesome!! I wish I had this stamp, so I could make my husband a card, it's absolutely fabulous!! Saw some other great stuff too. I'll be back to catch up later, but I have something for you on my blog!!

Elena said...

Beautiful card! Love your sponging technique so much!!!

Kristine said...

WOW--this is soo beautiful! Love all your sponging and that deer image is so nice and big--my hubby would love a card with him on it...maybe with more masculine colors. But I do love your colors--perfect! =)

Becky G said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Theresa! Love that image and your coloring! Fabulousness in a card!!!!

Hugs,
Becky

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Luscious layers! So beautiful how you trimmed out the image and set it over the sponged burgundy!

Sandy Knecht said...

Your card is beautiful. Everything about it. Great shadows and light source and composition. Just perfect!

fishlips said...

How pretty the colors are together wow...I'm off the check out this amazing deer image...here I come Unity stamps...

Lee said...

The Spotlighting effect on the buck is just stunning!!!! I definitely need to practice more on my sponging skills!! LOL

6 wacky women said...

Just beautiful, Theresa. Everything about it is awesome. I love it!!
Take care
Karen

Jami said...

Gorgeous...that sponged embossed background looks like velvet!!!
hugs, Jami

Shirley said...

Stunningly beautiful!