Sunday, November 23, 2008

Flowers For You

Hello. I hope you had a happy weekend. My daughter, her friend and I went to see the Twilight movie today. It was a very nice movie. Edward is so dreamy!

I want to let you know that I am taking the week off from blogging (and stamping, gasp!) to spend with family. I have a few posts scheduled, but I won't be making the rounds to comment on those blogs I usually visit. I'll try to check my email a few times, but no promises. It is shaping up to be a very busy week.

This card is for the featured stamper challenge oat SCS this week. The featured stamper was Ebethneu. Her gallery is amazing. This is the card I chose for inspiration.

I just can't seem to stay away from Melanie's mums. I pulled out A Year of Flowers and stamped the mums on white card stock. I used Marvy markers and Koh-i-noor pencils to color the image, and then cut them out.

I sponged in the background using Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Apricot Appeal and Regal Rose. My card stock was Certainly Celery, Apricot Appeal, Whisper White and pink.

That ribbon treatment was inspired by Faith (aka Markie's Mom). She does the most fabulous ribbon treatments. Everything she does is fabulous.

Now I have a confession to make. I am a total space cadet. I thought I had a Pretty in Pink ink pad, but I happend to glance at the name today and realized it is Regal Rose. Every time I have used that ink, I have listed it as Pretty in Pink. How sad is that? My only excuse is that I am over 4o and the brain just isn't as sharp as it once was. Oops! I'll try to get it right in the future. Now I better go look at the rest of my ink pads and make sure I know what colors they are!

Have a great day!

15 comments:

fishlips said...

This is stunning..love all the layers and the added elments...Wow The colors are Outstanding like each and every card...takes my breath away!!!!

Elena said...

This card is so beautiful! Love the colors! So soft and gentle!
Have a wonderful time with your family!

6 wacky women said...

Stunning card, Theresa. Love it!
Have a great week with your family and Happy Thanksgiving.

Take care
Karen

Jami said...

I love how you rubbed two different colors on that oval!! Beautiful!! Enjoy your time with your family!!
hugs, Jami

Linanna DESIGNS said...

A lovely card Theresa, this is a fab blog hun. Linda x

Deb Wood said...

Yhis is absolutely gorgeous!! Love the colors and the punches, everything is fabulous as usual!!

Thanks so much fir the gorgeous card and images!! I will be posting it later today!! So sweet of you!! I will also have something else for you on my blog!!

Thanks soooo much!!

Deb Wood said...

Yhis is absolutely gorgeous!! Love the colors and the punches, everything is fabulous as usual!!

Thanks so much fir the gorgeous card and images!! I will be posting it later today!! So sweet of you!! I will also have something else for you on my blog!!

Thanks soooo much!!

Cat Tidwell said...

What a gorgeous CASE Theresa! OMG, your card just keep getting better!

Have a wonderful time with you family, will miss you, and a Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

(fully understand about the over 40 memory, lmao)

Catherine said...

Flower for ME? oh thank you, Theresa :) this is absolutely gorgeous, PIP or RR, it's still gorgeous :)

Elaine said...

Oh my gosh this is gorgeous!! I'm seriously going to have to give it a go at casing one of your cards. Now which one?...Hmmmm....lol!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving week!

Lee said...

Ohhh so soft and pretty!!! I love the elegance!! Now you just ENJOY your time off!!!! You deserve some relaxing and happy vacation time!!

Donna Baker said...

gorgesous card! love the ribbon treatment - too funny about the pink pad! Happy Thanksgiving! enjoy your time with your family.

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Such an elegant card! The REGAL ROSE is gorgeous against the celery and apricot. :)
I took a week off last week so I guess I am playing catch up this week? lol... I think I am always trying to catch up though. YOU deserve a break.

BTW, although Faith is fabulous, you are just amazing with what you do. I am so glad I found you! I love coming here for inspiration. Thank you for sharing your gorgeous creations with us all.

Happy Thanksgiving, Theresa!

Shirley said...

What a really wonderful and beautiful card! So cheerful and great design. Love the pearls too!

Melanie said...

I LOVE these colors!!! what a great layout!