Saturday, November 1, 2008

Dreamy Inspiration

The inspiration challenge at Split Coast today was right up my alley. I chose this print as my inspiration piece.

The butterfly, from Butterfly Beauty, was colored with Marvy Markers and then I used Koh-i-noor pencils to add some depth. I cut out the butterfly and heat embossed it with clear.

For the background, I sponged So Saffron, Creamy Caramel and Chocolate Chip, then inked up the Dream Tree with Creamy Caramel to create the swirl pattern in the corner. Next I stamped the leafy branch, from Gratitude = Joy, several times.

I layered the background on Basic Black, then a panel of Close to Cocoa, sponged with Chocolate Chip on the edges. The card base is Tango Tangerine, that I sponged with Ruby Red.

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a great day!

13 comments:

Dolores said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

fishlips said...

Ok I just love the colors on your butterfly. It should be framed...Another amazing card, but the butterfly just leaves me so speechless...

Craftyideas said...

Gorgeous love the colours

6 wacky women said...

Theresa, this card is just amazing!! You make the most beautiful cards.
Have a great day.
Karen

Eve said...

I LOVE these cards. The colors are so real!
Stunning does not even cover it!
WONDERFUL job!
Kindly,
~Eve

Catherine said...

Simply GORGEOUS...AGAIN :)

Shirley said...

Wow! Theresa, I love what you did with the butterfly. The clear EP really gives it depth and a beauty all its own.

Jennifer Love said...

Oh WOW! Gorgeous!

mel m. m. mccarthy said...

Incredible! Your work is always so breathtaking. Makes me vow that I will learn how to sponge one of these days! Love the colours & the boldness of the leaves. :O)

Jami said...

WOW!!! This is stunning! That butterfly is jaw-dropping gorgeous!! Love this!!
hugs, Jami

Deb Wood said...

OMG!! This is amazing!! Totally GORGEOUS!!

Phree said...

Gorgeous, love the warm colours.

Kristine said...

absolutely gorgeous butterfly!! :)