Friday, November 21, 2008

Chocolate Cupcakes


The limited supplies challenge at SCS today was a fun one. All you had to do was incorporate chocolate in your project in some way. I used some Chocolate Chip ink and made "chocolate" cupcakes on my card.

I stamped my cupcakes with Black Stazon ink and then colored them with Koh-i-noor pencils, blended with odorless mineral spirits. All of the images are from Cupcakes A'La Yummy from Unity Stamp Co.

Each of the cupcakes rests on a 1 - 3/8 inch circle of Very Vanilla, sponged with Pretty in Pink. That circle, in turn rests on a 1 - 1/2 inch black circle then then a scalloped circle, punched from Close to Cocoa and sponged with Chocolate Chip ink.

The triangle panels are all Very Vanilla, sponged with Pretty in Pink ink, backed by Basic Black and mounted on a Pink Pirhouette card base.

Thanks for the visit! I hope you have a great weekend and for those of you heading off on a Thanksgiving vacation, I wish you the best of times.

12 comments:

Lee said...

What an absolutely YUMMalicious card!!!! Wonderful layout!! Hmmm.....now I'm gonna HAVE to add that kit to my next order!!! LOL

Becky G said...

This is absolutely yummy, Theresa! Fabulous layout!!!!

Elaine said...

Very unique layout and great coloring!!

Catherine said...

cool layout, Theresa. and love the colors that you choose..very pretty.

Have a great weekend!

6 wacky women said...

Fantastic card, Theresa. I love it!!

Take care
Karen

fishlips said...

Wow did you master this challange...I love it... your layout is just amazing and I want the chocolate cup cake if your dont mind...yum yum!!!

Elena said...

What an adorable card you made! Cupcakes look so yummy!

Jami said...

Yum!! What a cool sketch too!! those cupcakes are so cute!!
hugs, jami

Deb Wood said...

Yummmmmy! Love the coloring and layout!!

Donna Baker said...

oooh - what a delicious card!!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Sweet design, delicious sponging, and yummy cupcakes... I could just eat this card up! lol! Fab ribbon treatment too. Cute card!!

Shirley said...

What a really 'sweet' and yummy card, Theresa! Love the colors too!