Thursday, November 6, 2008

Autumn Sunset

This is my last week as Melanie's guest designer for her most recent stamp sets, A Year of Flowers and Say it With Flowers. This time I decided to make a white flower and place it on a darker background. I was trying to make a masculine card that I could give to my step dad who is having a birthday today.

To get the Gerbera Daisy white, but not too white, after stamping, I colored the insides of the petals with a yellow Koh-i-noor pencil, then used a blending stub, with OMS, to pull the color to the outsides.

For the background I used an image from Autumn Leaves and colored it with Koh-i-noor pencils, then went over it with a Versa Mark pen and heat embossed with clear embossing powder. I love how well these flowers compliment so many of the stamp sets I already have.

Next, I sponged my background using several different inks, starting with the lightest and getting progressively darker. The colors I used were So Saffron, Summer Sun, Apricot Appeal, More Mustard, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Creamy Caramel, Riding Hood Red and Chocolate Chip.

I have had such a fun time this past week working with Melanie and I want to thank her so very much for this wonderful opportunity and for her faith in me. I am also very excited to hear that she has TWO new sets coming out for Gina K Designs next week!

That is not all. Melanie is have a fantastic challenge and giving you the opportunity to one of her new sets. Check here for the details.

If you would like to see another project I made using A Year of Flowers, stop by Melanie's blog.

Thanks for visiting and I hope you have a wonderful day!

11 comments:

fishlips said...

Wow so so stunning, I saw this at Papercraft plant too, it just looks amazing....I got my first award yesterday for my blog...amazing ...Saw you got (2).....congratulations!!!

Jami said...

Wow is this ever gorgeous!! I love the flourishes too!
hugs, Jami

6 wacky women said...

Absolutley stunning, Theresa. I just love the brightness of this card and your sponging technique is amazing.
Karen

Anonymous said...

Lovely! It almost glows.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty!!!

Shirley said...

Wow, Theresa. Love the colors and the art!

Catherine said...

Another, WOWZER :)

Julia Aston said...

I love the sponging on this - the light is just beautiful!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

Just stunning!!

Becky G said...

OMG! The colors on this are gorgeously rich! I love it!

Hugs,
Becky

Mrs Mac said...

This is lovely. I've really enjoyed exploring your blog. I love your colouring :)