Thursday, November 13, 2008

Autumn Mums

Hello. I hope everyone is having a good day. Here is another Year of Flowers card. I got a little crazy today and used designer paper and masking all in one card. Ordinarily I don't do much masking, but I really wanted to make a stem with several flowers and leafs. Oh, and have I mentioned that I have a fear of DP? I am trying to overcome it.

After I stamped all the images on watercolor paper, I colored them with Marvy Markers, water color pencils and an aqua painter. Then I cut out the image and adhered it to a sponged oval.

The ink colors I used for sponging are Creamy Caramel, So Saffron, and Chocolate Chip. I used Kiwi Kiss, Basic Black, and Creamy Caramel card stock, in addition to K & Company card stock.

Gina K is having a release party tonight in the SCS forums. I'll be hanging out and stalking the poor DT until the new releases are available to purchase. I am dying to get my hands on those cookie and coffee sets. Let me know if you are there, so I can say "hi."

Have a great rest of the day!

20 comments:

Cat Tidwell said...

This is soo stunning Theresa! LOVE those flowers, your coloring is fantastic! and the masking..wow!

I know what you mean about DP..I'm the same way! But at least you have an awesome replacement for not using DP..your SPONGING!

Ill be there, at the release party, you know that! LOL

Daniel August said...

WOW!!

I just love your colouring! ;P

Greetings from Daniel
*Norway*

6 wacky women said...

SO beautiful, Theresa. I just love it. The coloring and background are amazing.

Take care
Karen

Lee said...

OMGosh Theresa!!!! I just can't gaze enough at these beauties!!!! I'm lovin' all your fabulous creations and sure hoping my comments will start posting again!!!!

fishlips said...

So so pretty...Love it...I wanted to play yesterday with this challenge too, but life was calling in a different directions. Another Fantastic card so so pretty!!!

Jami said...

Your DP looks perfect with this! And I love all those leaves. As usual, you've blown me away with your coloring!!
hugs, Jami

Anonymous said...

WOW! and yet another beautiful example of your many talents.

Sandy Knecht said...

What a gorgeous card. You are so talented.

Elena said...

Your sponging technique is even better that DP! But I love how you used it here! Gorgeous card!!! Your coloring is amazing!

Jane Izumi Matsumoto said...

The designer paper is pretty but your beautiful flowers and layers on the card just adds to it. No show of any fear with this card!

Rhonda Langley said...

Your masking is wonderful as is your choice of colors & sponging. Your DP looks great!! Of course I use DP as a way of compensating-all I have to do is cut & paste and voila!! Instant success!! You make your own DP with all of your beautiful sponging & coloring!!

Becky G said...

OMG this is gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous!

Jocelyn said...

WOW! Absolutely STUNNING! Love it!

Elaine said...

Very beautiful! Nice color scheme.

wendyp said...

Wow! This is so pretty!!!

Donna Baker said...

this is a work of art - should be in a frame & used as home decor

Deb Wood said...

Wow you are soooo gifted! This is amazing!!!!

Phree said...

Wow, very classy card.

Shirley said...

Very warm and lovely. Wow on the out of the box technique and your whole layering design too!

Melanie said...

love all the greenery you did here!!