Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Summer Harvest

I did this card for the sketch challenge today at SCS. I had it all put together then remembered that there were supposed to be two panels in the background. So I lifted the horizontal panel and added a ribbon.

The stamp set I used is called Summer Harvest from Gina K Designs. It is the free set you get if you purchase three sets. After the next release (Sept 5) it will be available for purchase individually and there will be a new free set.

I stamped the images with black Stazon and colored them with bic markers. For the strawberries and cherries, I first colored them with pink, then went over them with red, leaving a small highlighted area of pink on each berry.

For the tomato, I colored it with orange and then added red. Then I used a prisma colorless blender pen to pull some red off the orange to give it a bit of dimension.

Thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!

6 comments:

Annapurna said...

How clever with the two panels. With the black on black background, I thought there were two cards being connected to each other with the horizontal panel :-)

Love your coloring and the sponging around the inchies.

You are welcome :-)

Deb Neerman said...

OH. MY. GOSH!!! This is gorgeous!!!

And I must try your coloring technique ... w-a-y cheaper than Copics and frankly, I could never tell the difference.

LOVE, Love, love this card!!!

Joan B said...

Wow this is gorgeous. The yellow on the edges sets off the images beautifully.

Anonymous said...

Your blog is fantastic. You have loads of talent and I have so enjoyed looking at it. I will be back. Love all the tutorials. Great job. Keep up the great stamping.
Dawn
SCS flowergal36

Shirley said...

Theresa, This is really a cute and pretty card at the same time. The black ink really makes it just so stunning when used with the other colors. TFS

malieta said...

Very beautiful card and I love the idea of using the panels...very clever indeed!!!