Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Pocket Match Book Card Tutorial

This is a match book card. I modified the design to make it into a pocket card that will hold a Ghirardelli square or small stack of post it notes.


For the pocket you need a piece of card stock 5 3/4 by 2 3/4 and scored as shown.

Make folds accordion style as shown.

Use adhesive to attach one end to the other, forming the pocket.

For the outside you need a piece of card stock cut to 7 5/8 by 2 1/2 and scored as shown.

Make your folds to the outside and add the pocket and fold over the small flap. You could use decorative staples to secure the pocket at this point if you would like.

I chose to use brads on my card, so I glued the small flap to the pocket, keeping the glue close to the fold. If you let the adhesive get high, it will be hard to close the match book cover. You don't have to use glue if you don't want to, but I found it easier to keep the pieces together when positioning my brads.

To keep the backs of the brads from showing on the outside of the card, I opened the back flap out and pierce through the small flap and pocket.

Added my brads.


Slide your candy into the pocket.

And here it is closed up, before decorating it.

And here is the finished card. I used Melanie Muenghinger's Little Tee's stamp set from Gina K Designs to finish it off.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day!

6 comments:

D said...

Great tutorial! I love this idea. Thanks for sharing. ~Debie

Sue from Oregon said...

Oh my gosh...I love this idea and need to try my hand at this...Great tutorial! TFS

Annapurna said...

Very nice! Love the sponging again on the match box and the T.

Donna Baker said...

so clever, Theresa! Thanks for sharing it!

Ellie said...

OHH I love this!!Thank you so much for this I can't wait to give it a try :)

HUGS!

-Ellie

Melanie said...

awesome design, thansk for showing the step by step. I really like the way you colored your tee! :)