Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A Touch of Thanks

This card is for the sketch challenge on SCS today. I used the flower from Touch of Nature (SU) and the sentiment from Sincere Salutations (SU).


The flowers were colored with water color pencils and heat embossed with clear embossing powder after I cut them out. The background was made by stamping the fern from the Touch of Nature set, on glossy card stock with River Rock and heat embossing it with clear. Then I sponged on some other colors.


This was the original flower I was going to use for this card. As you can see, it had a close encounter with my black Stazon ink pad. You might think that I dropped it on the ink pad or vice versa, but no, I actually took my lovely flower and started to rub it on the ink pad, thinking that I had pulled out the Versa Mark pad. I need more sleep.

Thanks for stopping by today.

Happy Stamping!

6 comments:

Donna Baker said...

oh dear! get some sleep, k? your card turned out just lovely!

Lee said...

gorgeous!!!!! Beautiful flowers for this sketch!! Oh I hear ya.....i have stained more things with my stazon pad!!! LOL

Annapurna said...

Lovely card. You should get some sleep. I had to laugh aloud when I read the last few lines. Are you sending this to Gina K.? :-)

Debby said...

This is so beautiful!

Allison Rankin said...

Hee hee about the Staz-on...so not funny (even if it is!). Your work with that Touch of Nature set has made you the SU! poster girl!

Lynn said...

Beautiful card! One of my favorite stamp sets. What a bummer with the image you dropped the stazon pad on! After all the time you took to watercolor so beautifully! ;-( Maybe you can salvage it?

I left you an ward on my blog today: http://lwdesigns.blogspot.com/2008/08/two-quick-cards.html

have a nice weekend!