Monday, July 28, 2008

Stark Little Owl

I made this for one of the Dare to be Dirty challenges at SCS. It forced me way out of my comfort zone, since the challenge was to embrace the white and keep your card very simple.

The owl is a Penny Black stamp (I think) and I colored it with Koh-i-noor colored pencils, blended with OMS. The owl is mounted on a layer of Basic Black and popped up with dimensionals.

I had a bit of a busy weekend and wasn't at my computer much. We saw the new batman movie this weekend and thought it was very good.

We also headed up to Mt. Shasta for an outdoor concert, hoping to escape the smoke for a bit. On a positive note the winds shifted yesterday and we are having a bit of a break from the smoke that should last for a few days. It is a nice thing to breath and see the sun.

I hope you have a terrific day!

5 comments:

Donna Baker said...

this is cute! great job on the challenge

Annapurna said...

Cool card. Doesn't that little image make the card look so much bigger?
Love that ribbon.

jeweledrabbit said...

That is too adorable.

Risa said...

I love the clean lines of your card and the simple elegance Theresa...very charming and the owl is adorable!

Lee said...

Oh it looks FABulous!!! Why can so many of you make these simple and clean cards?? I have such a difficult time with that and having them look as elegant as this!!!