Monday, June 9, 2008

Tree Scene Card

Lovely as a Tree from Stampin' Up
This was a fun card for me to make. I really enjoy doing backgrounds like this. I didn't do much in the way of embellishing, since I was thinking of it being more of a masculine card. I don't have much that will work for masculine embellishing.

To start I used the mat from my Stamp-a-ma-jig and inked it up using my So Saffron ink pad, making some areas more saturated than others. Next I added some Certainly Celery ink and a bit of River Rock. I used the edge of the Chocolate Chip stamp pad around the edges.

Using my craft markers, I added some even more saturated areas with yellow and black markers.

Then I spritzed the surface of the mat and lifted it, holding it at different angles to make the ink run somewhat.

Next I laid a piece of Very Vanilla card stock on the mat and pressed it down by rubbing it.
And here is what it looked like after I lifted it off the mat. Be sure to take a moment to clean your mat at this point, if you try this technique.

I masked off a portion of the tree grove stamp from Lovely as a Tree (Stampin' Up) and inked it with Versa Mark, then Chocolate Chip ink. While it was still wet, I applied clear embossing powder and heat embossed it.

Using water color pencils, I created a bit more detail, by adding a few little bits of green and red here and there in the foreground.

Here is what the image looked like after I was finished with the water coloring. From here, I just cropped it a bit and mounted it on black and Close to Cocoa card stock, that was sponged heavily with Chocolate Chip ink. A few brown brads and a card base of River Rock completed the card.

6 comments:

wendyp said...

Love the background. Such a beautiful effect!

wendyp said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon said...

What a great technique! I have to try it. I just love your card!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous background. The whole card is stunning.

Annapurna said...

Thanks for sharing the technique with us. You are going to be Zindorf#2 if you keep up with this :-)

Beautiful card.

Stampin' Meg said...

wow- this is gorgeous- makes me want to go run to my stamp cave and give it a try.